Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation

On 5/25/2014 Goldengate8361 said: I tried it a year or so ago....the texture is wonderful; very silky. I just couldn't get the right color for my skin tone. If the color works for you, you might really like it. The texture is much better than BM.

Does it have an SPF ingredient? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

When I was considering a better mineral MU, I learned about Jane Iredale, Some posters here on the BB recommended it. I would consider it but it's not sold anywhere close to me and I have trouble getting matched. I'm a cool light and so many products lean either warm (BB) or neutral. Check it out online.

eta: JI has about 20 shades to choose from.....oy vey!

Regular Contributor

I just got it matched to real sand....it's neutral. I bought it to wear over tinted moisturizer or sunscreen in summer. I really love it. I too used BM for years when I was younger but then something changed and it didn't look so good on me anymore so I moved on. This is very finely milled and doesn't give you a shiny look but it's not matte either. Very natural. For comparison I am sand in bobbi brown and I wore fair and fairly light in BM.
Frequent Contributor

I prefer LM sax well. The texture is finer and softer. I found a perfect color match.
Frequent Contributor

I just recently switched to LM. Bare Minerals seemed to find every wrinkle and pore on my face - even with different primers that I have tried. LM is creamier and doesn't settle into fine lines. I use her finishing powder (also love) over it and am happy with the result.

Frequent Contributor

On 5/26/2014 goldenretriever said:

I started with BM, & used it for years.

Then I tried the Mercier, & its a thousand times better! It has a much more creamy texture, & looks more natural than the BM. I have extremely problem-prone skin, & it didn't bother me in any way. Its the best mineral foundation that I've tried!

Totally agree - Laura Mercier is so much better for us mature gals (50 here). The texture is very creamy and looks very natural. I really love it and I have sensitive skin as well. I do think the best thing to do is to go to the Laura Mercier counter at Nordstrom if you can. The hardest thing about this foundation is finding the right color match.

Super Contributor

Goss has a YouTube video on it...

Respected Contributor

I may be the ODD woMAN out. I prefer my cocktail of equal parts Bare Minerals & Halo mixed together in a jar than any other mineral m/u- including my 2 shades of Laura Mercier. It's possible the color is throwing me with the latter...I've tried to love it, but I don't.

I have no beef about Bare Minerals finding fine lines and wrinkles- not the original formula at least. When I wear it straight I'm Medium Tan in summer, which is more neutral I believe.

Respected Contributor

I don't know how much merit it has, but I've done the white paper test. Take your fave mineral foundations and swatch them on a piece of copy paper. The others I've tried went on the paper powdery & splotchy. Bare Minerals went on creamy.

The biggest tip I have for any mineral m/u wearer who is finding problems with accentuation of fine lines and wrinkles and lack of longevity is this: After your skin ritual, put a light layer of your fave oil - argan or other on as a last step. Then buff on your mmu Great for us dryer skinned ladies, gives the minerals a better foundation than a silicone primer, to look creamy, not dry.. and more lasting power. Sometimes a spritz of green tea or finishing mist of choice is nice to help even further.