Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier Iconic Leading Lady Lip Duos

[ Edited ]

To celebrate 20 years of Laura Mercier, she has a limited edition lip duo set (with a cute little mirror) named after her favorite leading ladies: Catherine (nude), Sophia (rose), and Vivien. I went to choose one and ended up with all three - I just couldn't decide! And Vivien is a gorgeous red for the holidays!

I was surprised the nude looked good on me, and when the mua said "Catherine," I thought it was "Katherine Hepburn," who is one of my classic actress favorites. Of course I HAD to get it! But I think it is "Catherine Zeta Jones." Then it could be "Catherine Deneuve"! She wears (wore) nude lip color a lot. Oh well - it's a beautiful color! Sophia and Vivien could only be those two - also two of my favorites!

Has anyone else tried these? Can you think of any other Catherines? LOL!

Favorite movies of these actresses:

Katherine Hepburn - The African Queen 

Catherine Zeta-Jones - Chicago

Catherine Deneuve - Indochine

Sophia Loren - Houseboat

Vivian Leigh - Gone With TheWind Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier Iconic Leading Lady Lip Duos

[ Edited ]

Picked up all three as well!  Love the Catherine that would never have been on my radar! Her glosses are great!

@beach-mom wrote:

To celebrate 20 years of Laura Mercier, she has a limited edition lip duo set (with a cute little mirror) named after her favorite leading ladies: Catherine (nude), Sophia (rose), and Vivien. I went to choose one and ended up with all three - I just couldn't decide! And Vivien is a gorgeous red for the holidays!

I was surprised the nude looked good on me, and when the mua said "Catherine," I thought it was "Katherine Hepburn," who is one of my classic actress favorites. Of course I HAD to get it! But I think it is "Catherine Zeta Jones." Then it could be "Catherine Deneuve"! She wears (wore) nude lip color a lot. Oh well - it's a beautiful color! Sophia and Vivien could only be those two - also two of my favorites!

Has anyone else tried these? Can you think of any other Catherines? LOL!

Favorite movies of these actresses:

Katherine Hepburn - The African Queen 

Catherine Zeta-Jones - Chicago

Catherine Deneuve - Indochine

Sophia Loren - Houseboat

Vivian Leigh - Gone With TheWind Smiley Happy

I love the pairings!

Honored Contributor

Aren't they gorgeous @Fifi1? I was out with DD last night, and we went to the Laura Mercier counter in another department store. This mua was around DD's age - 20's. She had been telling everyone "Katherine Hepburn" too. She had never heard of the other Catherines and wrote their names down to tell her clients. She had also never heard of Vivian Leigh - WHAT??? So I explained who she was. Sophia, of course, she knew! Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

really all pretty!  All worked for my coloring too!  Ordering a couple tonight frm Nordys, still Triple points for gifts,