Honored Contributor

@Funloving,  I use Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer because her regular one is a little runny.  This has more substance and you can use on any kind of skin.  You can get a good break on her lipsticks.  I like the Sheer Collection (Healthy lips).  It's a muted red (not bold) but very pretty and her Stickgloss collection is nice.  I have Brown Sugar and ordered a new one called Courtisane.  This way you are getting them for $20 instead of $26.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Funloving,  Natural born enabler?  Me?  That's why I got divorce!  lol

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Thank you KatCat1.  That did the trick!  Tinted moisturizer is on its way!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up! Love her line.

Respected Contributor

I did get it to work. But checked Nordstrom and they offer nice gift with purchase. I know they will price match too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier F&F Event

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Funloving,  Natural born enabler?  Me?  That's why I got divorce!  lol

@Katcat1- It's quite possible you weren't aware of the influence you had on me and other posters. LOL  Does the product line Acure Organics ring a bell?  If memory serves you loved the Sage Clary Cleanser at the time, among other Acure products.  I got addicted to their Argan Stem Cell Cleanser, a non shampoo, shampoo, which in my area was discontinued.

Sometimes I feel I'm losing my mind.  Over 6 years ago I was ill requiring a 3 chemo infusion containing 5- FU, the short form for Fluorouracil which crosses the blood-brain barrier.

Thankfully it hasn't spilled over to my career, I've been at it so long.

I hope me explaining this doesn't make you uncomfortable. I'm so used to talking to others in the same boat and forget this may not be appropriate for every type of open discussion.  If so, my apologies. Yet it has wreaked havoc on my cognitive skills. I'm not a victim, never have been,  I can easily kid around about my shortcomings and sometimes do.  Through all kinds of true family tragedies I've never lost my sense of self- so much which is HUMOR.  I'd be lost without it.  BTW,  I don't consider my illness a tragedy, rather a miracle leaving me w/ a true love for life-- including everyone in it.  xx

Honored Contributor

@Funloving,   This comes from the heart, I am glad you are okay and continue to be healthy.  Now I can share my story.  At the end of Sept. in 2015, I had total hip surgery.  I ended up with a staph infection.  Before the doctor realized it was a staph infection and everyone else, I lost so much blood, I needed two blood transfusions and a second surgery one month later to clean some of the infection out. I also dislocated the hip 2 weeks after the first surgery and I wanted to die.  That pain is indescribable.   I was on intravenous antibiotics and could not take my rheumatoid arthritis medicine for over 6 months. Oral antibiotics for over a year.   Most mornings I would wake up so stiff and in pain.  Anyway, I never felt sorry for myself but I still walk with a limp and a walker due to the surgeries.  But I love life and always have and you have to go on and be positive.  We all  have challenges in our life and it's how you handle them.  I hope I did not make you uncomfortable.  What helped me was my cat that was so happy to see my when I finally came home.  She would not leave my side.  So now let's go spend money at Laura M's event!!! lol

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Funloving,   This comes from the heart, I am glad you are okay and continue to be healthy.  Now I can share my story.  At the end of Sept. in 2015, I had total hip surgery.  I ended up with a staph infection.  Before the doctor realized it was a staph infection and everyone else, I lost so much blood, I needed two blood transfusions and a second surgery one month later to clean some of the infection out. I also dislocated the hip 2 weeks after the first surgery and I wanted to die.  That pain is indescribable.   I was on intravenous antibiotics and could not take my rheumatoid arthritis medicine for over 6 months. Oral antibiotics for over a year.   Most mornings I would wake up so stiff and in pain.  Anyway, I never felt sorry for myself but I still walk with a limp and a walker due to the surgeries.  But I love life and always have and you have to go on and be positive.  We all  have challenges in our life and it's how you handle them.  I hope I did not make you uncomfortable.  What helped me was my cat that was so happy to see my when I finally came home.  She would not leave my side.  So now let's go spend money at Laura M's event!!! lol

You're hilarious @Katcat1That end statement made my cheeks hurt.  LOL

I'm sorry you went through that..  truly awful... and so much pain.  But like me, you'd rather live with the cup half full.. it's so much easier to stay positive than to be a grump. "Oh poor me"  was never on my radar.  I was too busy fighting to stay alive, as were you.  I swear I lost some real life friends who must have thought cancer was contagious.  LOL.   I'll  join you for some shopping after I get rid of these 2 large boxes of beauty.  Pinky Promise. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 Hey KatCat! I love Laura Mercier, and her Almond Cocnut collection is my fav!!!!!!Thanks for posting I will definitely have to order some for over the winter....