Esteemed Contributor

@codyray  ~  I'd say 'welcome to the boards' but it seems odd to me that you wasted your very first post here to complain about a whole line of QVC cosmetics after using just one product in the line..... Who knows, you might like other LG products.

Not everything works for everyone.

T.G.I.F. !

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Ilovetea wrote:

I have had mixed results with Laura Geller products but it seems to be based on how dry my skin is at any time and what I use to wash my face. If my skin is properly hydrated, her products work great, if not, then I can't use it. 

Unrelated question. Who is the woman who presents Laura Geller when Laura is not on QVC ? The one with very little hair?

Her name is Jillian Veran, she used to be the spokesperson or Prescriptives for many years, then moved to Philosophy, and now to Laura Geller. She is a beautiful woman inside and out, and has recently been battling cancer!

Super Contributor

I really like most all of Laura'a makeup line. Just recently there was a post mentioning her web site. I bought over 100.00 to stock up. I wear make up everyday even if I don't go anywhere. Just makes me feel good. I wear her sparkle in all colors. I actually like the consistency--not like a mask and works well.  And as one OP said, Laura is a nice lady who cares about her customers. 

Honored Contributor

I don't use LG, but think she's the best "teacher" of makeup techniques/hints on Q. Too much foolishness w/ MALLY & can't watch IT at all. Always learn something new about blush placement, etc. when I watch Laura.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I don't use LG, but think she's the best "teacher" of makeup techniques/hints on Q. Too much foolishness w/ MALLY & can't watch IT at all. Always learn something new about blush placement, etc. when I watch Laura.

@Shanus I totally agree that Laura Geller is the best teacher.  Even after I thought I heard it all, she has one more gem that I can actually apply.  I love and use a lot of her products, but not all, I mix it up based on what works for me. 

I too cannot watch IT at all.  I have recently found that I love Tarte lipsticks and their airbrush finish foundation brush!

Honored Contributor

I also agree that Laura is one of the best teachers of make up techniques.  I think she is a pleasant and kind person and I love watching her demos.  I haven't had good results with all of her products, but she has many great items in her line.

Trusted Contributor

I used & loved Laura's products for many years. And even if I don't buy all the time from QVC, I love watching her to get an education in how to use certain products. I've purchased & used:  spackle, balance & brighten, her mascaras, eyeliners, and brow products. I love her products and it works well with my 65 year old dry skin. Not every products will work for everyone, but her products work for me.

Trusted Contributor

I forgot to add, I believe ELF products are made in China--a definite NO BUY for me.

Trusted Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

I forgot to add, I believe ELF products are made in China--a definite NO BUY for me.

You beat me to the posting on that @joannecha. Agreed.

Respected Contributor

Primers don't work with my skin, but you ,any want to try her eyeshadows and liners. They are wonderful. I also like her highlighters and gelato blushes. Don't judge a whole  line based on one product; you could be shirt changing yourself out of great products. Smiley Happy