Super Contributor

I enjoyed Jillian in the Prescriptives days and was happy to see her back on the channel. Hopefully another brand will pick her up as I think she has a lot of knowledge to share. On another note, one of the models in yesterdays TSV presentations honestly looked worse in the AFTER shot, IMO. Face looked overly made up and it made the beautiful woman look less attractive. Unusual for LG products.

Honored Contributor

I have the idea that some of these reps are paid by QVC, not the company for which they are speaking. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Laura Geller sub

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I have the idea that some of these reps are paid by QVC, not the company for which they are speaking. 

@depglass Yes! I would say that applies to the woman with the very short bleached blonde hair who sells all types of beauty appliances with QVC, like the hair removers, toothbrushes, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@Roni wrote:

Laura Geller has sold her company, so that's probably why Jillian really left....  also Tarte has been sold, BE long ago....  the trend continues!!      So sad because it seems that the product line 'expands' (not for the better usually) and the original owner loses control with time.....

You can add Mally and IT Cosmetics to the list of companies sold.  Also, Philosophy long ago and the haircare line that Dennis ? and his wife sold.  He now has another "company" and is on HSN.  Also, Tova.           I also feel once they sell the quality goes way down.  Very disappointing.

.....and my beloved Bobbi Brown. It was never the same after Lauder purchased it even w/ Bobbi still CEO. When she retired, it really went downhill!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Geller sub

[ Edited ]

KarenaJeannette wrote:

depglass wrote:

@depglass Yes! I would say that applies to the woman with the very short bleached blonde hair who sells all types of beauty appliances with QVC, like the hair removers, toothbrushes, etc. 

@KarenaJeannette, @depglass Yes, some of the product reps are actually contracted by QVC.  These are the ones you see presenting multiple brands in a specific category.  The blonde mentioned in KarenaJeannette's post would be one, as is Mark Charles Miscilli.  The other ones you may see often are the man who is on Morning Q quite a bit with Dan Hughes showing cleaning products and tools (not Campanellis), but brands like that GX stuff and floor cleaners.  The other one I see all the time is the short gentleman who presents a lot of the electronic/tech items such as televisions, Echo, Roku in addition to some of the computers.  Meredith Lawrence (kitchen products) is another one.  The cosmetic companies who do makeup and skincare usually like to have their own hired hand on air.  Almost across the board the reps are paid by the brand, not QVC. Even if it doesn't start out that way (like with Desiree and IT), it becomes that way.   

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is soliciting about her own website