Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller's baked elements foundation- amazing!

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies I think I posted in the opening how I use it. I don't brush it on at all. I use a kabuki brush, rub it into the foundation, then tap the brush with the foundation on all over my face, kind of like the stippling idea of liquid/cream foundation- I do not brush it on or do the Bare Minerals circling application technique. I also don't use the sponge that comes with it. I didn't achieve the same results when I do this.

I do not use it over any other foundation as it provides the perfect amount of coverage for me. In areas where there may be more redenss, for example, I tap a bit more of the foundation on in that area. I may gently gently swipe a fluffier brush over my entire face after I do this but not always and I still get the perfect, airbrushed look.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

How does everyone apply this?  I have used it with a brush a couple of times and I am not seeing the beauty of it. I find it just to be more like a powder than a foundation. I will try it with different brushes and see if there is a difference.

It would be great to know how everyone applies it.

@aprilskies When I'm first getting ready in the morning, I'll use brush to apply it.  If it's Baked Elements alone, I'll use a really dense, well-packed brush.  If I'm using it as a finishing powder over a BB cream, I'll use a fluffier brush.  I also keep a compact in my purse for occasional touch ups.  Most of the time, it's just easier to use the sponge applicator in the compact, but I also have an LG retractable brush in my makeup bag.  

Thank you. I will try it with different brushes and applications and see how it goes.  I certainly have enough brushes.  Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@aprilskies I think I posted in the opening how I use it. I don't brush it on at all. I use a kabuki brush, rub it into the foundation, then tap the brush with the foundation on all over my face, kind of like the stippling idea of liquid/cream foundation- I do not brush it on or do the Bare Minerals circling application technique. I also don't use the sponge that comes with it. I didn't achieve the same results when I do this.

I do not use it over any other foundation as it provides the perfect amount of coverage for me. In areas where there may be more redenss, for example, I tap a bit more of the foundation on in that area. I may gently gently swipe a fluffier brush over my entire face after I do this but not always and I still get the perfect, airbrushed look.

I might have missed how you applied it in your earlier post, thanks for repeating it here. I will try it with the stippling method as well. I am hoping this works for me.  Thank you.

Super Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I might have missed how you applied it in your earlier post, thanks for repeating it here. I will try it with the stippling method as well. I am hoping this works for me.  Thank you.

HappyDaze, do you use moisturizer or serum and/or primer underneath?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Ladyjenn wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

HappyDaze, do you use moisturizer or serum and/or primer underneath?  Thanks!

@ladygirl Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Yes, I use a moisturizer mixed with Paula's choice moisture boost oil and after that, I use an SPF cream/moisturizer. Then I apply the foundation in the method I mentioned. I do NOT use a primer so I can't speak on how it works with a primer. I never use a primer. HTH!

Respected Contributor

I always use a primer. I have Spackle but it's not my favorite. For use under baked elements, I prefer bareminerals cc primer or Colorscience brightening primer.
Super Contributor

I'm using the Medium Tan foundation and it's awesome.  I just buff it on with a brush.  Perfect color.

Respected Contributor

I'm hoping this is part of the 1/4/16 tsv. I love all of LG's products except for BnB. Tired of that being in all her TSVs.
Respected Contributor

LG fans....check out her site. Not posting any codes but you get the idea. I'm stocking up on Baked Elements!
Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
LG fans....check out her site. Not posting any codes but you get the idea. I'm stocking up on Baked Elements!

I just bought 2 or 3 not too long ago, but when the compact comes down to $21 and change, it's hard to resist.  I was just on the site yesterday, hoping to snag another set of the INKcredibles, but it's gone.  The singles are left, but not the kind of value the set would have been.