Respected Contributor

Is back in stock!  Have mixed feelings about this, but I ordered it anyway.  Will have to use a light hand I guess with this one.  I love illuminators so my curiosity gets the better of me.  

If anybody missed out it's available again.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller's Diamond Dust

No longer able to use products such as this. Smashbox Halo gives my 58 year old face lovely soft focus finish. Leave glitter and sparkles to younger women. *Tip* Take any light shade of non glitter from eyeshadow use on top cheek bones and above brow bone. IT cosmetics shadows no talc or glitter, Instead satin finish.
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
No longer able to use products such as this. Smashbox Halo gives my 58 year old face lovely soft focus finish. Leave glitter and sparkles to younger women. *Tip* Take any light shade of non glitter from eyeshadow use on top cheek bones and above brow bone. IT cosmetics shadows no talc or glitter, Instead satin finish.

@Sweet_Serenity Great tip!  I tried something new this morning.  I have so many illuminators I can't even count them all.  I didn't use any foundation this morning since the only place I'm going to today is the bank and the grocery store.  I applied a very light hand of illuminator on the tops of my cheeks and then a light hand of a Nars blush.  Then finished it all off with a light hand of Ready to Wear Face Setting Powder and a touch of a color of Skinn's lipstick from one of his palettes and it looks pretty good.  

Also, one of my favorites speaking of matte colors to high light is Laura Geller's Baked Vanilla.  That's an excellent product for high lightng also.  You're tip is fabulous.  I've never used eye shadows for high lighting.  Thanks for posting!!

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Same^ anything with luminosity or sheen looks so awful on my early 50's skin...on top of that, I'm oily, so it adds to the dewiness ...too bad, as I always loved that dewy look, just can't do it nowSmiley Tongue

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

I love the Diamond DustHeart. I bought it shortly after it came here and been using it ever since. I'm 62 and I love how it gives me a fresh, slightly pinky glow...sort of like the flush I get after being in the sun. A little is all you need and apply it in the right places. I suggest NOT to put it down the center of the nose or on the brow bone as some of the demos will show. This looks better on younger women and to me this makes it look off and aging for older women. DO place it on the highest areas of the cheekbones, limiting it to just a small lightly blended strip. On your forehead, up high near the hairline and go across the entire forehead with only about a one inch-wide section. DO Not put it on the entire face or directly under your eyes. Only place it on the center of the upper lid, close to the lashline, staying clear of the crease. There's no talc in this powder version and this is what I believe makes it a more wearable highlighter for aging skin. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I love the Diamond DustHeart. I bought it shortly after it came here and been using it ever since. I'm 62 and I love how it gives me a fresh, slightly pinky glow...sort of like the flush I get after being in the sun. A little is all you need and apply it in the right places. I suggest NOT to put it down the center of the nose or on the brow bone as some of the demos will show. This looks better on younger women and to me this makes it look off and aging for older women. DO place it on the highest areas of the cheekbones, limiting it to just a small lightly blended strip. On your forehead, up high near the hairline and go across the entire forehead with only about a one inch-wide section. DO Not put it on the entire face or directly under your eyes. Only place it on the center of the upper lid, close to the lashline, staying clear of the crease. There's no talc in this powder version and this is what I believe makes it a more wearable highlighter for aging skin. Woman Happy

@SilleeMee I didn't purchase it because it seemed, like you stated, there were only 1 or 2 areas I could apply it. I try to avoid products like that. My makeup bag is just now getting streamlined to necessary, multiuse products. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee I didn't purchase it because it seemed, like you stated, there were only 1 or 2 areas I could apply it. I try to avoid products like that. My makeup bag is just now getting streamlined to necessary, multiuse products. 

My lifestyle no longer calls for full face makeup on a daily basis. Spot conceal with Tarte shape and tape shade closest skin tone set with halo powder or wander powder. Easy peasy as my beautiful GD would say. Gotta love the simplicity of children. Less is more! 💁
Trusted Contributor

I do not use this on my face as I don't care for that type of highlighting there.  However, I LOVE it on top of some of my eye shadows or by itself on my eyes.  I have always worn and prefer a frosted eye shadow over a matte one.

Honored Contributor

In case anyone is wondering what the Diamond Dust looks like on the skin...if you've ever seen a pink pearl, it has that iridescent pink glow. No glittery disco ball.