Respected Contributor

Laura Geller no longer at Ulta?

They are clearancing all her items then her website is doing the same thing, will there be no more Laura Geller?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Geller no longer at Ulta?

Matter of fact if you go to the Ulta website and click on her name under Brands....NADA!

Respected Contributor

The parent company that owns Laura Geller, Julep, and Clark’s Botanicals went bankrupt.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are only a few items on clearance on her website I don’t know what the OP is referring to.

Apparently the two places that Laura Geller’s products sell best are on QVC and Amazon besides her own website.

The “bankruptcy” keeps being brought up on here even though it was simply the easiest way to sell off companies from the main corporation.

What I find really interesting is why do people keep bringing that specific issue up on QVC. Laura Geller’s products are not the only ones who come and go on Ulta, and I never read about them on here.

Super Contributor

I went to the Laura Geller website a couple of weeks ago hoping to find an item that is no longer available on QVC. There was a note on the web page stating that they were moving to a new warehouse and to be patient, however, there was a shortage of a lot of products on that site. I don't know if the note was true or if it was just to keep people from knowing that the business was going down.

I know that Laura sold her part of the business a few years ago. As usually happens part of the deal was that she would stay on as a spokesperson and they would be able to keep her name. I'm sure she made a lot of money on the sale but it must be difficult to see her life's work being mismanaged. I also noticed that she is not on QVC nearly as much as she used to be. They have some other product spokesperson introducing her products instead. As this point there is nothing that Laura can personally do to save the company since it has been absorbed into some big corporation that does not give a rip if the business succeeds or not.

There are people that do reviews of Laura Geller product that are just plain vicious.Most of them have no history of QVC purchases. I have to assume that there are people who are just hateful toward older women or people who are just plain haters in general. If a person does not like a product they give a review of what the problem was. They don't get vicious about it....or at least a normal person wouldn't. Corporate espionage or just mentally deranged people? Maybe some of both.

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

There are only a few items on clearance on her website I don’t know what the OP is referring to.

Apparently the two places that Laura Geller’s products sell best are on QVC and Amazon besides her own website.

The “bankruptcy” keeps being brought up on here even though it was simply the easiest way to sell off companies from the main corporation.

What I find really interesting is why do people keep bringing that specific issue up on QVC. Laura Geller’s products are not the only ones who come and go on Ulta, and I never read about them on here.

Three companies were bought by Glansaol - Julep, Laura Geller and Clark's Botanicals.

Glansaol went bankrupt.

Julep went out of business.

Clark's bought itself out of the original deal.

Laura's company was bought by a new company.

That company is the same people that started e.l.f. Cosmetics so yes, they KNOW what they are doing.

To my eye, Ulta is the black cloud.  Is it a coincidence that Mally had trouble, Laura had trouble and It Cosmetics is not what it used to be?

Everyone acts like Ulta is the end all/be all of beauty and it isn't.  

To address your last sentence, I agree.  It's like a drama where Laura is concerned but no one says a word about Ulta or any other brand.

Jane Park has hundreds of very upset fans that are angry with her because she "took the money and ran".  At least Laura is still in there, fighting it out and working hard.

No one says a word about Fransesco and how Clark's survived the mismanagement of their parent company.

So some research, people.  Look things up for yourselves.  

Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about Laura and Julep. I bought a try me kit at ULTA with several Julep products and I liked them. 

Respected Contributor

algenist is no longer at ulta, either.

Respected Contributor

Nor Mally. Yesterday, I went in to grab her mascara because I like it. Had a gift card. Asked the sales person where were the Mally cosmetics and she looked at me like I had three heads...she said I’ve never heard of that line 🤷🏻‍♀️.  

Limited products on qvc, her own website and Kohls. I also loved her twist up liners, but they are totally gone. A few singles of one or two colors, but that’s it. 

Trusted Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

algenist is no longer at ulta, either.

This is what I mean.  How can an obviously successful, well-liked brand NOT be at Ulta?

Something is very odd.