Respected Contributor

Laura Geller lip oil experience

[ Edited ]

I am posting about this since I see the product listed in some beauty event.

I got one of these in the last TSV.  I read other people had similar experiences.  When kit was able to be reviewed, I read others saying the same thing.

It is a lip product inside a tube with a steel applicator.  There is a hole in the applicator, which is how the product goes on the lips.  It is an okay product. It goes on oily and slippery with a little color.

HOWEVER, the applicator twists on the tube and has come apart from it.  This is definitely annoying, but I had a much bigger problem than that.  It had fallen out of my purse on to my bed.  It LEAKED and STAINED my comforter with two big fuschia stains.  There were two approximately one inch circular stains where the product had sat on the down comforter.  It has essentially ruined it.

Just be aware the whole product has an issue with coming apart.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller lip oil experience

I am so sorry that happened to you! I would visit her website and use the Contact Us link at the bottom to give her that feedback. It may be a fluke, but if it's happening frequently, I would want that addressed as a packaging defect. If you have a Twitter account, I would Tweet it, as sometimes the public exposure gets faster results.

Respected Contributor

Product is A273410 (just lip products, not TSV kit I bought).  It has some reviews also which mention this issue.

Laura Geller herself said to open it a certain way during her TSV presentation.  Sorry, after the problem reviews with that, it should have been re-designed or not sold again until corrected.  You should not have to BE CAREFUL with this type of product.

I just had it fall from my purse and this happened with it.  Another reviewer said it opened and leaked all over her purse.  I BELIEVE HER.

Shame on Laura Geller and QVC for selling something they KNOW has problems like this.

I am not trying to get anything, but I may call Customer Service to tell them this (like they care!)

Hyacinth   Cat Mad

Super Contributor

It's funny; I believe the lip oil was part of a TSV a few months ago and a lot of people were so excited because it was a new LG thing. I ended up passing on that TSV in hopes that the lip oil would be available on its own. No hope anymore here; I've been reading a boatload of reviews that state the packaging seems to be a HUGE issue. Leaking seems to be a major problem. Who wants to deal with that? I feel so bad for the ladies who have ruined purses, clothes, linens, etc. Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

@meginthemaking wrote:

It's funny; I believe the lip oil was part of a TSV a few months ago and a lot of people were so excited because it was a new LG thing. I ended up passing on that TSV in hopes that the lip oil would be available on its own. No hope anymore here; I've been reading a boatload of reviews that state the packaging seems to be a HUGE issue. Leaking seems to be a major problem. Who wants to deal with that? I feel so bad for the ladies who have ruined purses, clothes, linens, etc. Smiley Sad 

Yes, I got it in that TSV.

Others reviewed it with problems like I had.

What do they do?  Put it in some other "kit" and sell it again.

Hyacinth   Cat Mad

Respected Contributor

I purchased this tsv and I love it! It's the first time her foundation has worked for me. Bronzer is perfect for my fair skin. Mascara is okay, but I think my Wet n Wild mascara is better. 

I loved the the idea of the lip oil and that was one of the main reasons I bought the TSV. I checked her site and it looked like they were going to sale the lip oil as a stand alone product.

I read the reviews about the oil issues. It was the first thing I opened and didn't see the big deal. The lid popped off and it worked. Lid popped backed on. No problems... Until this week. I can't get the lid to stay on! I don't know what happened, but it won't close! Every time I try, more oil comes out of the tube.  I had planned on buying more of the lip oils because it made my lips feel so soft and I loved the hint of color, but I think I will try Clarins or another brand.  Although the oil was a disappointment, this TSV has been one of my favorites. 

I wonder if if the people on auto ship will have the planned lip oils in their kits?

Respected Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

I purchased this tsv and I love it! It's the first time her foundation has worked for me. Bronzer is perfect for my fair skin. Mascara is okay, but I think my Wet n Wild mascara is better. 

I loved the the idea of the lip oil and that was one of the main reasons I bought the TSV. I checked her site and it looked like they were going to sale the lip oil as a stand alone product.

I read the reviews about the oil issues. It was the first thing I opened and didn't see the big deal. The lid popped off and it worked. Lid popped backed on. No problems... Until this week. I can't get the lid to stay on! I don't know what happened, but it won't close! Every time I try, more oil comes out of the tube.  I had planned on buying more of the lip oils because it made my lips feel so soft and I loved the hint of color, but I think I will try Clarins or another brand.  Although the oil was a disappointment, this TSV has been one of my favorites. 

I wonder if if the people on auto ship will have the planned lip oils in their kits?

You better keep it in a Ziploc bag if you're going to carry it around with you.  I had it working fine at first too.

I thought I had the cap on just fine - until I found it on my bed with two deep pink stains with OIL RINGS around them.  The color and the oil had separated on the comforter.

Laura talked about putting the cap on a certain way when presenting the TSV.  That means SHE KNEW there were problems with it back then.  And they are continuing to sell a defective product and they know it with all the negative reviews.  Unless it has been redesigned, they have no business selling it.

If they haven't changed it, others will experience the same problem.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

I don't think they changed it. I noticed when I watched the presentation of the new kit with the two oils, she mentioned how you were supposed to open it. That's what I've been doing and then poof, I can't close the blasted thing. The only reason I keep it is I love the way my lips feel since I've been using it. It stays on my bathroom counter. I carry my Colourpop lippie six in my purse. Love them!

Respected Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

I don't think they changed it. I noticed when I watched the presentation of the new kit with the two oils, she mentioned how you were supposed to open it. That's what I've been doing and then poof, I can't close the blasted thing. The only reason I keep it is I love the way my lips feel since I've been using it. It stays on my bathroom counter. I carry my Colourpop lippie six in my purse. Love them!

I put the tube in a Ziploc bag, and I am going to attempt to send it to Laura Geller's office.  It is all over the tube on the outside.

After finding my comforter with two big pink, oily, stains, it really bugs me they are still selling this.

Probably won't get anywhere, but this one really struck me for some reason!

Hyacinth

Occasional Visitor

I keep it in a ziplock bag too.  I love the way it makes my lips  feel.  I was lucky it mine leaked on a glass table so no staining.