Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller if parabens are bad why,,,,

The only cancer I have seen associated with talc is Ovarian cancer and it has to do with products that are used in the intimate area because they can travel into the body.  I don't plan to use cosmetic products "down there".

Valued Contributor

@mimi5775   OT

Sorry for your loss I lost my youngest son in Dec. last year. Every day I wake up sad I'm still here.

Honored Contributor

I notice many of Laura Gellers items have talc.

Trusted Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

@mimi5775   OT

Sorry for your loss I lost my youngest son in Dec. last year. Every day I wake up sad I'm still here.

@fluffysmomI am so very sorry - you know I understand..but so many do not and have avoided me in my life..I'll stop or I'll lose it.

God Bless you. I'm hanging on...anxiety and longing for him is simply too much. I  wish you peace my fellow Q beauty board friend. Today is the 20th, the day I laid my son to rest 6 months ago. As my dentist said it shouldn't go that way in life. But it did with us. {{hugs}}and know you are not alone.

I hope to see you on here I'm off facebook it stressed me out but may go back to honor my son since he had a b-day Smiley Sad 

"No one ever said grief felt like fear".

Take care now and I'll keep you in my prayers.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

@mimi5775   Bless your heart. I can imagine how hard today as well as every day is. I never imagined I would out live him .We were unaware he had gone to the hospital .He never made it in but was found 6 days later and died of hypothermia. He was a missing

person during that time.You are in my prayers.

I hope you can feel my hug. I wish you peace and strength to make it through the day.I apologize to the forum I know it's OT .When somene is in pain I felt I should respond.

Trusted Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I posted this in wrong place before. Laura Geller has said “This  product has no bad things like parabens etc...” but the previous product she presented had parabens and talc.  Either they are bad or not and if you think they are bad don’t put in your product.  

Good point!! Mally was the same way before she sold her company and became a sales person on contract with the new owners. She used to speak about how talc was awful and made "you look old." Now her products are full of talc, including a powder foundation! In fact, only a few of the company's new shadow palettes don't contain talc and that is the only time you will hear Mally bragging about something not having talc. It's deceptive. The fact that she says her lipglosses and lipsticks will stay all day until you take them off is utterly ridiculous and an insult to a consumer's intelligence, quite frankly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Blackcatmom wrote:

Parabens and talc are a cheap ingredients in makeup.  Most reputable companies won't use them.  I don't know why Laura Geller continues to put these in her products.  Just a cheap way out I guess.There are lawsuits against ccompanies who use talc in their products because of it being a cancer causing ingredient.  That alone should have stopped Laura Geller from using it in her products.   I used to use a lot of her products but once I found out the ingredients in them I stopped buying them.  There are much better products out there to use.  I sent an email to her company asking why they continue to use harmful ingredients in their products but never received an answer.  I think they prefer money over the well being of their customers. 

@Blackcatmom I wouldn't go so far as to say most reputable companies don't use talc and parabens. Perhaps it would be better stated many health conscious companies don't use those ingredients. The roll call of prestige cosmetic brands which feature expensive products these ingedients along other things some peopple believe to be harmful is much longer than the list that doesn't. 

Spinning the truth along with misleading claims and statements is common in the beauty industry.  It's too head spinning for me to watchdog every word spoken on TV,  at the beauty counters, and the claims in product ads. 

Trusted Contributor

@fluffysmom

Omgosh I'm very sorry for you Smiley Sad  I can barely even survive day to day but try to put one foot in front of another and try. 6 moths + now and like other moms it is no diff then month 3.

He just turned 32. I could not go on facebook and even post a thing in ages and many people have just fallen away and the ones you'd least expect say "how are you".I'm sure you get what I mean as like the other moms I know say the same.

We ache and long for them and it's tough.I know OT so no need to reply and know we are not alone our boys are with us! I keep self talking this and talk to him! And pray a lot. I keep you in my prayers for peace as well saying "fluffysmom" to God...it's all I know (no real name) Take care now and ty for getting back <3

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky