Super Contributor

Laura Geller filing bankruptcy?

Sorry if I am late to the party on this subject.  I was in Ulta yesterday looking for my favorite LG primer, and the girl there said they no lnger carry her line. There was just a few things on a reduced shelf.  She said I might try her website.

Is this true?  I am such a fan of her products!

Respected Contributor

Re: Laura Geller filing bankruptcy?

I thought she had already done that and sold her company awhile back.  I do see a lot of her items showing up on Zulilly, which is usually a bad sign, at least for some of the items in the line.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Yes - there was even a posting on here - that's where I read it.  But yet..........she's was just on the Q this week.   yesterday?   day before?  I don't understand how those things work.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I thought she had already done that and sold her company awhile back.  I do see a lot of her items showing up on Zulilly, which is usually a bad sign, at least for some of the items in the line.

Zulilly is owned by QVC

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   I'm aware of that.  My point is that QVC often uses Zulilly as an outlet store.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She has a brand new owner, AS Beauty after her parent filed Chapter 11 last December.  This new owner may have an entirely different distribution plan in mind than did Glansaol, her prior owner.  The sale transaction is essentially complete and Laura is now an employee of new ownership.

Esteemed Contributor

The company that owns Laura Geller cosmetics filed for bankruptcy last year.. I’m not sure what that means for Laura.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Yes - there was even a posting on here - that's where I read it.  But yet..........she's was just on the Q this week.   yesterday?   day before?  I don't understand how those things work.

@fthunt   The same thing seems to eventually happen with all the vendors.  Once they sell their company to a larger corporation, they often are contracted as a spokesperson for a period of time.  Mally is a good example.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The owner of Laura Geller and Julep, Glanasol, filed for bankruptcy in 2018 and was supposed to be sold to another company.

I

“, the prestige parent company of beauty brands, clarks botanicals, laura geller beauty , and julep, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on December 19th.  Glanasol (which means “pure life” in Irish), was founded in 2016 through a partnership between former Revlon President and CEO, Alan Ennis, and private equity firm, warburg pin us.  Principals at Glanasol attribute the venture’s failure to declining sales (based on the reduction of brick and mortar business), poor product projections, and chargebacks.

AS Beauty, owned by the Shamah (e.l.f. Beauty) and Azrak families, has proposed to purchase all three brands in an offer of $16.2 million.  “AS Beauty really values the opportunity to be able to manage three prestige brands that have a lot of runway for growth in their current distribution channels, and being able to run [prestige brands] with a lot of the operational efficiencies we’ve had from the previous companies we’ve run,” Joey Shamah told wwd Thursday.”

From Beauty Undercover.com

Regular Contributor

As Info, Macy's has 66 "Laura Geller Beauty" Items on ttheir Beauty website.  I have no idea who the owner of this brand is now.