Regular Contributor

Laura Geller eyeshadow palette

I was on the fence about that really nice Laura Geller eyeshadow palette she had on her last visit and now I see there is no waitlist like there was the other day when it sold out, in fact it's not even on her list of products.  Wondering how all you lucky ladies like it, maybe if it comes back I will buy it.  In the past I have had mixed thoughts about her eyeshadow's like then aren't dark enough, but maybe they are better in this palette.  It was the large round one that went for 57 dollars or something around that price.  If you bought it please share your results.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Geller eyeshadow palette

@dsky  I ordered it, but haven't received it yet.  I will certainly let you know how I like it.  It will be worth the price if I like the majority of the colors and if they perform well.  In the past, I have used her eyeshadows and always got a good saturation of color that lasted.  However, if they are too shimmery/glittery, I won't hesitate to return them.  She stressed that they aren't glittery, so I went ahead and ordered.  Time will tell and then I will let you know!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I love color cosmetics, i.e, eyeshadows, liners, etc. and that collection was like a grown up box of Crayolas!

But alas I have some mega palettes already and I resisted temptation! LOL

Have fun ladies Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

I'm bumping this up , I realize that I posted it too soon, hopefully some of you have received and tried this beautiful palette, was wondering how dark the colors are when applied and if there is any fallout.

Occasional Contributor

If you missed out on that one you might want to check out Laura's site.  I got an email with some specials she is running on palettes - $15 off with the code PALETTE15.  She has several palettes and they all look good.  I ordered the round one that you are asking about but I received it yet.

I think Laura has around 8 palettes on her site.

Regular Contributor

Mine is out for delivery! 

Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

@dsky wrote:

I was on the fence about that really nice Laura Geller eyeshadow palette she had on her last visit and now I see there is no waitlist like there was the other day when it sold out, in fact it's not even on her list of products.  Wondering how all you lucky ladies like it, maybe if it comes back I will buy it.  In the past I have had mixed thoughts about her eyeshadow's like then aren't dark enough, but maybe they are better in this palette.  It was the large round one that went for 57 dollars or something around that price.  If you bought it please share your results.

My palette arrived today.  It's glorious!

Most of the shades have some sheen or shimmer to them, but one of them have glitter.   There are both warm and cool shades in the palette.

I did a few quick swatches - - - they seem to have plenty of pigment (which is typical of her shadows in my opinion), especially when used wet. 

There are some darker shades, so if you like darker colors for shadows, they are in here.  I will usually use those darker shades wet as eyeliner rather than as eyeshadow. 

The container itself is thicker than I think it should be (about 2 inches), but it's sturdy and pretty. 

I'm pleased, but I am usually very pleased with her palettes. 

I thought there were some darker shades than usual in her fall palettes (the ones with a cool and a warm option), which are available at Ulta, so if you like darker shades, you might like those.

Valued Contributor

I have been using this palette for about a week. The colors are so pretty! They stay true with a primer, which is great. In the past I have experienced some baked colors going muddy. Not these. If you love warm medium tones with the majority having sparkle and sheen, then this grouping will please.

Personally I like the new palette Laura has on her website best. Those colors get me compliments every time I wear them. I prefer matte and a light sheen. Sparkle just isn't flattering on me in natural light. 

Overall I think the new baked shadow formula is really a winner. I look forward to purchasing more palettes  that have cool shades sans sparkle.

I hope everyone enjoys this palette. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for taking the time and sharing with me how you like this palette, if it ever comes back I might have to buy it.  (Total insanity if you saw all my eyeshadow palettes that I already have, haha.)

Super Contributor

dsky....think of it this way....it is legal and safer than drugs.  i, too am a junkie of makeup, so i understand that a girl has to have it.