Respected Contributor

Re: Laura Geller eye palette set

I got these palettes and although the eyeshadow shades are overall very nice, all the blushes except one are very brown and dark. They could be used as bronzer but I don't use bronzer. So I'm going to return them.

Honored Contributor

Why don't you go ahead and try them @Effie54 ?  For the price, they're definitely worth trying and you could always return.  I was thinking about trying it and giving a few to friends for Christmas.

Trusted Contributor

Laura Geller's eye shadows are my all-time favorites and I prefer the shimmery ones.

They look great on me and I'm 68!

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

I'm 61 and wear almost exclusively shimmer shadows and even some glitter shadows.  I don't go all the way into the inner corner with them.  I'm crinkly there so the  inside corners get a flat off white for brightening.

Frequent Contributor

I gave up buying make up from the Laura Geller brand a long time ago.  Usually the first ingredient listed is talc which isn't a good thing.  I know putting talc in make up brand is a cheap way to go. I wouldn't hesitate buying Laura Geller brand if she would just take the bad stuff out of her products.

Honored Contributor

Aside from the talc which I dont care to use, my complaint is about her packaging. I have so many of her products and the containers are all falling apart, mirrors falling out, trays coming out of the compacts. I think my relationship with Laura ended a long time ago.  Now, I use mainly Pacifica shadows and Palladio eye pencils. Pacifica is vegan, and the shadows are so pretty, and no fallout. 

Valued Contributor

I've found the shadow palettes from Eve Pearl have excellent color saturation.  The Au Natural is my go-to.  Q has that one, which comes with excellent brushes, as well as another choice called Ultimate.  

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Why don't you go ahead and try them @Effie54 ?  For the price, they're definitely worth trying and you could always return.  I was thinking about trying it and giving a few to friends for Christmas.

I do want to try them, but the return fees are accumulating. It costs me $6.00 for shipping return fee.