Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller discontinuing things

@Grouchomarx I thought that Laura Geller has a new owner.  You know how that goes.  The  new owner for Laura Mercier is completely ruining what she built up.  It is quite sad.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Try looking at T.J. Maxx and Marshalls in the U.S. and Winners and Marshalls in Canada for Laura Geller products. I see them randomly in stores.

When I was in Las Vegas in early October, the new T.J. Maxx store in the Town Square shopping plaza on the Las Vegas strip had a lot of Laura Geller makeup.

Super Contributor

I am also curious - which hairspray did Paul Mitchell discontinue? Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

OK I just got the "We regret to inform you..." notice about LG's discontinuing the brow marker "due to customer preferences" lol.

I'm not into running around and stocking up on something discontinued; I'd rather find a replacement, which I was lucky enough to do. Whether it lasts months (as LG's did), or quickly dries out, remains to be seen because I haven't yet used it that long.

Oh, and they're"working on" introducing another LG brow product in "early" 2020. No doubt, it'll be something we were "begging for" lol.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think beauty brands of all types are a bit more subject to public whim than are many other types of merchandise. It seems there's always a new kid on the block and only the most stalwart of older brands remain by continuing to reinvent themselves. One might also posit that while LG's brand might be 'safe', they might well be impacted by the financial woes of their parent company. My absolute favorite blush was one of LG's and it's now been kaput for several years. I've found a few substitutes, but none that are as good. It's annoying but evidently it wasn't popular enough to keep.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Maybe because they dont do well in the market. Ive purchased a few things from her line and except the real deal concealer ive had to return items because i just dont like them on myself. Maybe others do but im seeing this line shrinking quickly. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx  Check out TJMax. I recently saw LG lippies there & a few other items.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx  I also saw Two Faced blushes, highlighter etc. at TJmax. Most of it was from the Peach Line.