Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Geller discontinuing things

@manny2 wrote:

@aggravated wrote:

That is always so hard.  Sorry.  Good luck finding something you like.  I wonder if this has something to do with the holding company that now owns Laura Geller going bankrupt now.  Paul Mitchell just discontinued the hairspray I have been using for twenty years and love.  I feel your pain.

Which hairspray did Paul Mitchell discontinue? 

That's my question, too.  I'm already worried about losing my Laura Geller B&B - now I might have to do without my Paul Mitchell hairspray??

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

It's always frustrating when a once small, but reliable company becomes a mess under the big corporate umbrella management.  Given the financial situation with the Geller parent company this only complicates the matter.  Manufacturing and retail partners bow out because no one is paying them.  Hopefully, a buyer can be found for Geler to save the brand.  In the meantime the TJ Maxx buyers have been buying up inventory from former Geller sources and you can find some items in TJ Maxx and Marshall stores presently.  They don't have everything, but if you happen to stumble upon a favorite the prices are a fraction of regular Geller price points. I found one of my Geller favs Filter Fix setting powder (the one that's translucent apricot) for $6 at TJ Maxx. 

Trusted Contributor

I emailed Laura Geller.com regarding the bankruptcy and they said they are not going out of business, they are restructuring it. The company that owns LG went bankrupt, not LG.  They are in the process of moving to a new warehouse also.  You can continue to buy her products on QVC and through her website.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I'm disappointed to read about the Baked Elements foundation.  It's kind of suprising.  I thought a lot of ladies liked that one.

Super Contributor

I went last week to buy some LG baked and both ULTA and Sephora are no longer carrying her products and one of the sales people told me Laura went bankrupt.  I don't believe it but her things seem to be disappearing.  

Super Contributor

@Trix wrote:

It's always frustrating when a once small, but reliable company becomes a mess under the big corporate umbrella management.  Given the financial situation with the Geller parent company this only complicates the matter.  Manufacturing and retail partners bow out because no one is paying them.  Hopefully, a buyer can be found for Geler to save the brand.  In the meantime the TJ Maxx buyers have been buying up inventory from former Geller sources and you can find some items in TJ Maxx and Marshall stores presently.  They don't have everything, but if you happen to stumble upon a favorite the prices are a fraction of regular Geller price points. I found one of my Geller favs Filter Fix setting powder (the one that's translucent apricot) for $6 at TJ Maxx. 

Thank you for the info.   I am headed to Marshalls tomorrow.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@twinsister  Thanks!  Yes Lustereyes is liquid.  I ordered Kim's per your recommendation.  Somehow when I searched for liquid eyeliner hers did not come up.  Thanks again.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

@twinsister  Thanks!  Yes Lustereyes is liquid.  I ordered Kim's per your recommendation.  Somehow when I searched for liquid eyeliner hers did not come up.  Thanks again.

@KKWA - You're welcome!   I tried it since it had great reviews and I wasn't disappointed.  I hope you like it too!

Respected Contributor

It IS frustrating when beauty products are discontinued, especially when it's a popular product.

I loved Laura Geller's brow marker. That popular product was discontinued, but at least it was replaced by her Tri-Tip marker, which she said people were "begging" for. I got used to that, and loved it. Now, that popular product is nowhere to be found, but her poorly-reviewed pencil remains. I don't get it.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@aggravated wrote:

That is always so hard.  Sorry.  Good luck finding something you like.  I wonder if this has something to do with the holding company that now owns Laura Geller going bankrupt now.  Paul Mitchell just discontinued the hairspray I have been using for twenty years and love.  I feel your pain.

Which hairspray did Paul Mitchell discontinue? 

That's my question, too.  I'm already worried about losing my Laura Geller B&B - now I might have to do without my Paul Mitchell hairspray??

@aggravated which one please?