Respected Contributor

Laura Geller discontinuing things

What is up with this brand? Two of my staples, a lip gloss and the baked elements foundation, have been discontinued.  And there is a whole bunch of stuff on her website that is "farewell faves"  that are on sale, discontinued.  I am so frustrated.  I rely on her foundation so much and now I can't find it anywhere.  I only have a few backups. Guess I have to find a dup for it and that is gonna be hard.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Laura Geller discontinuing things

[ Edited ]

That is always so hard.  Sorry.  Good luck finding something you like.  I wonder if this has something to do with the holding company that now owns Laura Geller going bankrupt now.  Paul Mitchell just discontinued the hairspray I have been using for twenty years and love.  I feel your pain.

Esteemed Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

That is always so hard.  Sorry.  Good luck finding something you like.  I wonder if this has something to do with the holding company that now owns Laura Geller going bankrupt now.  Paul Mitchell just discontinued the hairspray I have been using for twenty years and love.  I feel your pain.

Which hairspray did Paul Mitchell discontinue? 

Respected Contributor

That’s what I felt I had to do but it was hard.

Valued Contributor

I can't find Laura Geller Lustereyes 24 hr eyeliner, anywhere!  Does anyone know of a good 24hr waterproof eyeliner?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I just realized Too Faced has also discounted my holy grail Cocoa powder compact.  I am really striking out lately!

Esteemed Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

I can't find Laura Geller Lustereyes 24 hr eyeliner, anywhere!  Does anyone know of a good 24hr waterproof eyeliner?

Is LG's Lustereyes liner a pencil or lilquid?  I like Kim Gravel's liquid waterproof liner - it stays on.

Honored Contributor

Even though I've known for decades that cosmetic items just disappear from stores frequently, it's so frustrating.

From the corporate side of the issue, I suspect those disappearances make sense.  Probably billions of dollars of cosmetics die a lonely death in millions of households.  From my side, it just feels wrong to spend good money to chase the fantasy they're offering.  Just sell me what I already know works for me!

Respected Contributor

i saw lots of laura geller, at tj maxx, today.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get e-mails daily for LG about all the sales and lately they've mentioned the "warehouse is moving" and they are clearing things out, also to expect an additional 5 days to process orders.  Also, ULTA Beauty no longer carries the Geller brand (my daughter works there and they removed what limited product they had.)

I hope the brand survives, I only use 3 of her baked products and an eyeliner but I love them!!