Frequent Contributor

Laura Geller bronze n brighten developed film on top

I purchased a gigantic bronze n brighten about a year ago in a TSV kit. Over the last few months the surface of the product turned hard. It almost appears to have a film on top of it. I cannot get any product on the brush. Has anyone else had a problem with this happening? There is tons of product left and I love it, so I hate to pitch it in the trash. I would buy another one, but it seems like it may be a waste of money.

Valued Contributor

Re: Laura Geller bronze n brighten developed film on top

It sounds like powder has absorbed some oil. This could come from the application brush if it has either skin oils or maybe a moisturizing product on it. I think the only thing you can do is scrape through the surface to get to the product below that hasn't absorbed anything. If you ever use a puff for application be sure not to store it on the surface of the product because the powder will just draw out the moisture (oil) on the puff into the product. Hope you are able to save the rest of your product.

libby's folly
Respected Contributor

I have and use the big B&B. I have never had this problem, but sounds like what persiflage said is what happened. Just use a very fine grit sandpaper to get off the film. I don't use the puff, and I don't mix my brushes...meaning powder brushes for powder only, and same for liquids. HTH

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

I also have the super-size Bronze-N-Brighten, but I have had no problems at all. Mine is close to a year old, and I use it every day with the retractable brush that came with it. I never "mix" my brushes either; each brush is dedicated to a specific product. I would try a clean, dry microfiber cloth instead of sandpaper though. Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

I never have had this problem with Laura's baked face products (bronzer, foundation or two-in-one pan). I use the brushes that come with the products. If I use the product and brush at least 4-5 times in a week, I wash the brush weekly with gel-type facial cleanser - if used less often, I wash brushes as needed.

I did have a film problem with IT Cosmetics pressed powder foundation. I switched to a brush less soft than the one that comes with the product, and no more film.