Respected Contributor

Re: Laura Geller TS is just too expensive

[ Edited ]

It always surprises me when people complain about the cost of the beauty TSVs being too high.  I think the price is more than fair for what you get. It comes out to roughly $8.15 per item.  I couldn't duplicate that price if I went to a department store, and doubt I could do much better at the drug store.

Respected Contributor

I actually think it's a good price for all you get in the kit. I am very tempted to buy it. It's the first kit of her's in a long time that appeals to me.
Respected Contributor

It's a very good value for what you get.
Honored Contributor

I don't need the kit and Laura's products in general don't work for me, but if that weren't the case, I would buy this in a minute.  I think the kit is an excellant value.

Maybe some were looking for a cheaper kit which means less products in the kit.

Regular Contributor

Yes, I agree, the price could be lower. For example last year's TSV for Josie Maran was a 7 piece for $69.96 and this year, on Nov. 13, she has a 6 piece set for the same price. They either cut out something with the price goes up!
Honored Contributor

I can't use any eye products except for my brows - and I'm still  thinking Laura's TSV is one of the best buys I've seen in a very long time.

I'm finishing up one of Laura's brow pencils right now and I like the sound of that gel.  All the rest of the eye products I can donate because those I won't even unwrap.  Someone else will love them.

Honored Contributor

I don't care how expensive or not it is - i want my MU to look like skin not "glowing". Skin doesn't "glow" naturally. At least not like this MU does. Not my taste at all.I predict a lot of returns on this one.

Respected Contributor

@June222 wrote:

$60.00 price point for what is offered is too high for what you are getting.   Everyone is getting greedy it seems.  I think $39.95 would be a fair price.

I think $39.95 is very unrealisitc.  For 8 pieces including a foundation??  Now, obviously if you are only interested in a few pieces in the kit that might be high, but for what you are getting it doesn't seem unreasonable to me. 

I'm actually happy there isn't a blush in it -- I have plenty of LG blushes and they last forever.  I also don't care there is no brush, as I have those too.  I'm never interested in the eye shadows and I'm not big on lip gloss, but I'm still considering this kit for the other 6 pieces. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, and here I was thinking what a good value it was. I mean, I think B&B is around $32 by itself.

I personally don't buy kits unless I am head over heels about almost every product included, so I won't be buying. But this is a terrific value for those who do want it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@June222 wrote:

$60.00 price point for what is offered is too high for what you are getting.   Everyone is getting greedy it seems.  I think $39.95 would be a fair price.

I think $39.95 is very unrealisitc.  For 8 pieces including a foundation??  Now, obviously if you are only interested in a few pieces in the kit that might be high, but for what you are getting it doesn't seem unreasonable to me. 

I'm actually happy there isn't a blush in it -- I have plenty of LG blushes and they last forever.  I also don't care there is no brush, as I have those too.  I'm never interested in the eye shadows and I'm not big on lip gloss, but I'm still considering this kit for the other 6 pieces. 

How did I miss that in the opening post? Jeez, unrealistic is an understatement for this number of full-size products and free shipping.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland