Occasional Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Not Scheduled for 2019

On New year's day on her 3pm show.

Trusted Contributor

I'm confused Laura was not on today Jan.1st at 3pm. Can anyone else shed light on this?

Esteemed Contributor

Well the Q cancelled my waitlist order
Respected Contributor

@mistyada wrote:

@missub wrote:

I just heard this on Laura's show on QVC. Is she leaving 

The company that owns the Laura Geller brand is in bankruptcy so that may be the reason.

https://wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/beauty-features/behind-glansaols-bankruptcy-1202939765/

Saying that Laura Geller’s company is in bankruptcy is a total misrepresentation of what is happening. This big group of companies are re-organizing and selling off certain businesses and this is the process that you do that. It doesn’t mean that these companies that gets sold off will not continue to do business as usual.

Trusted Contributor

She will probably show up on HSN before long

Respected Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

She will probably show up on HSN before long

But why would she show up on HSN when QVC & HSN are one of the same now. Maybe she is going to retire and enjoy life. If she does leave QVC she will be missed by many and so will her product line.
Super Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@mistyada wrote:

@missub wrote:

I just heard this on Laura's show on QVC. Is she leaving 

The company that owns the Laura Geller brand is in bankruptcy so that may be the reason.

https://wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/beauty-features/behind-glansaols-bankruptcy-1202939765/

Saying that Laura Geller’s company is in bankruptcy is a total misrepresentation of what is happening. This big group of companies are re-organizing and selling off certain businesses and this is the process that you do that. It doesn’t mean that these companies that gets sold off will not continue to do business as usual.

@Bhvbum

The company that owns Lura Geller brand, Julep, etc  is in bankruptcy right now. . If the pieces are sold they may continue to do business but it may effect when they are back on Q. Saying a company is in bankruptcy is NOT a misrepresentation. It is a legal fact. Sometimes companies like Toys R US that go into bankruptcy do not survive but they. can also restructure. It does effect the way in the short term they do business in any case. 

if you read my orignal sentence and the article correctly, I never said the company was going out of business just bankruptcy. Know your facts before you criticize. 

Super Contributor

They just need to change and switch up all their brands. For regular buyers..you can only buy so much of one brand and then you have it coiming out your ears. You  can only buy so much of any one brand, they are all good but frankly I think IT needs to go too.

Valued Contributor

Hautelook had great prices a couple of days ago.I really hope she will stay on Qvc or Hsn.I love her presentations.

Trusted Contributor

@Thebig I . I agree. Laura was my first QVC makeup brand but  sales have declined dramatically.  The Q is not interested in her giving out makeup tips.  QVC made IT a  big name, just like it did for Bare Minerals who had no following before QVC. IT was/ is geared to mature women and I think they've  saturated the market and are almost done. QVC needs different vendors but also more variety.

@Thebig I wrote:

They just need to change and switch up all their brands. For regular buyers..you can only buy so much of one brand and then you have it coiming out your ears. You  can only buy so much of any one brand, they are all good but frankly I think IT needs to go too.