New Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Cracks Me Up!

On 9/26/2014 makeup addict said: Same problem here. Porcelain makes me look like Casper; Light I look like I have dirt on my face. Best selection of shades is Makeup .forever at Sephora.

I'm exactly the same. For the Baked Elements foundation (not BnB), she added a "Fair," which is perfect for me.

Respected Contributor

On 9/28/2014 expatgal said:
On 9/26/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 9/26/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Good grief.

Good Grief AGAIN.

Good grief is sooooo right. Why on earth did I post something light and positive here and expect it to stay that way? Sad.

Good grief triple!!...

Super Contributor

Laura has a wonderful personality, and I just love her. I hope she would be as sweet in person. I also LOVE her makeup; it went from being a try it out a few years ago to my exclusive makeup of choice. I felt a little sad when I read the post that seemed to be very personal slam against LG as a person. Hopefully it can be articulated in a different way; Laura does seem to listen to and respond to her customer's desires. I personally have not found the shade choices geared toward any particular group--nor are they universal colors. When Laura first came out with the balance and brighten she had one shade which was sold as "universal," and able to blend into any skin tone. When I put it on my face actually looked muddy; I had to give it to my Mom who is of Sicilian decent and medium/olive complexion. I also had to give away all of my LG blushes, as they were too dark as well. Finally, LG came out with a fair. There were many customers saying 'still too dark on me' so she made porcelain; also customers saying, too light, so she came out with tan and then dark, so she has a medium in the middle, two lighter shades and two darker shades. That seems reasonable, although some people still cannot get the correct shading out of any of the shades. I really don't think she means to insult any group; she doesn't seem to be that way. I am frustrated myself; I am not a dwarf or a midget, but I am VERY petite; I find the petite selections and choices that are available to me to look way too old, ugly, and not very appealing. Even when I do find a pair of pants or jeans that I like, I still have to take it to be hemmed. Yes, even in petite, as they are made to fit up to 5'4 which I am far from being. It has been a battle all my life; I could never go into a store and find pants-- a basic need-- to fit me right out of the store; I have ALWAYS had to have them altered, every pair. I think in America, they find the "average" size and center most merchandise to fit them. Yes, I have felt, well, what about me, really? But there are probably countries, not the USA, where my size might be more common. Since it is not here, I've had to deal with what I get, and take it to someone to fix it.