Honored Contributor

I hope LG does not go under.  I really love the B&B and several other products of hers.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

The buyers for TJX (TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Winners) probably scored a great deal with retailers such as Ulta and others which were discontinuning the 

Glansaol brands to take the bulk of remaining inventory from their warehouses off their hands.  Those retailers (like Ulta) make more profit selling to a third party retailer because they aren't going to bother shipping remaining inventory to their stores to take up space for sellng at reduced prices.  What was already in the stores is the only quantity they would bother marking down to sell. 

Honored Contributor

Hate that.  LOVED her demonstrations!

I always wanted to know what shadow color SHE wore on her eyes!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

NOT QUITE correct.

The PARENT company, Glansaol LLC, that owns Laura Geller filed for bankruptcy last Dec. of 2018.  Kinda old news....

They also own Julep and Clark's Botanicals amoung other name brands.

@RespectLife I just looked up Laura Geller, and her net worth is 4 million.  I would have thought it would be higher.  Do you feel that sounds low?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

NOT QUITE correct.

The PARENT company, Glansaol LLC, that owns Laura Geller filed for bankruptcy last Dec. of 2018.  Kinda old news....

They also own Julep and Clark's Botanicals amoung other name brands.

@RespectLife I just looked up Laura Geller, and her net worth is 4 million.  I would have thought it would be higher.  Do you feel that sounds low?

@ECBG 

Maybe not.  I think her parent company has changed a couple times.  Sometimes that affects the bottom line maybe?  It is often thought that these business entrepreneurs and worth mega millions but I guess it isn't always the case.

I have always enjoyed her on the Q.  She is so informative and interesting to watch.  I still use many of her products.  Her French Vanilla Highlighter is a must for me.

Trusted Contributor

I contacted Laura Geller company regarding the bankruptcy notice and they emailed me back that they are still in business, just restructuring things.  Her products are available online through her website and also QVC.  Ulta changes out product lines all the time.  They took Mally away also.  That doesn't mean the company is going out of business.  Ulta probably just wants to keep makeup lines that bring in the big  bucks for them and apparently Mally and Laura Geller didn't.

Respected Contributor

I think when a company is in restructuring , the stores don't order for a while lest there be a problem with delivery (you can't get in materials when you have questionable credit.) When it resolves they order again, like Mally. 

Respected Contributor

I still get emails about sales on her website, but she no longer has the Baked Elements Foundation in stock at all  (and QVC also is out in all but 2 darker shades).  Not sure this is available anywhere now.  I'm regretting that I didn't grab it while it was still around.

I have been searching for the Laura Geller bronze and brighten in fair and cannot find it anywhere...not on LG website, not QVC and not Amazon. I am hoping that her products will be back in production soon and that she is not discontinued. I wish that QVC or Laura would let us know what is really going on! 

Frequent Contributor

I found some of laura gellers blushes and balance and brighten in TJ Max and in Burlingtons's.