Honored Contributor

Laura Geller - Brought back Serum Blush

I got an e-mail that LG brought back the Serum Blush.  Anyone who has used this in the past, what do you think of it?  I am thinking about trying it.  I don't like blush too much and have a hard time getting it right on me.  Also, there are only 2 colors.  Pink and Peach.  Any suggestions as to which one might work better on me?  I am pretty fair but have some pink or redness in my skin.  I was thinking maybe the Peach might be a better choice --- not so bright -- but then it might make my skin look dirty? 

Thanks for any replies! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller - Brought back Serum Blush

Is this the blush in the black cylinder tube that you turn on the bottom and comes through the sponge on the top? I have both colors and like it very much. It is very subtle and doesn't make you look clownish. If you like something bolder I don't think this is for you. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1   Usually pink shades are for cooler toned skin and peach for warm.

To achieve a lighter blush look if you choose pink, the brush is the key. Try using a large fluffy brush and tap it off before application.

I use a fluffy brush for cream blush in a compact or stick.

Trusted Contributor

@ Shanus, You are the BEST!! Thank YOU for always being so helpful. I always count on You for your HONESTY, HELPFUL and GUIDANCE             Always, SLIGO

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  On one of the cosmetics shows the owner of Lys cosmetics said to try using blush before you put on foundation instead of the conventional application. Any comments? 

Honored Contributor

@sligo   You're so welcome. I always try to be helpful. Page me anytime.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2   This is usually called "under painting". It is applying contour, bronzer and blush (usually all cream products) before foundation and then blending with a brush or sponge. 

I find it a difficult and not a realistic technique. It usually either doesn't blend seamlessly or the foundation erased the products underneath and has to done again on top of foundation. 

This technique started on Tik Tok and went to the makeup YouTubers. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

"You probably know that the right shade of blush can warm up your complexion, add a healthy glow, and even create the illusion of cheekbones — but what's the best blush for you? As you sort through all of the pinks, peaches, berries, and oranges on the market, it can feel a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack. That's why we've tapped makeup artists to fill us in on the ins-and-outs of finding the perfect blush shade for every skin tone, including fair, light, medium, olive, and dark complexions.

The first step is finding a blush that has similar undertones (warm, cool, or neutral) to your skin, like you would with foundation. But if you're still unsure, makeup artist Daniel Martin has a hack: comparing a blush to a client's lip color.

"Test it out on the apples of your cheeks to see if it'clashes' with either your natural lip color or lipstick. If it looks off or unnatural, you should choose another shade," he says. Martin also recommends saving blush for the last step of the complexion makeup process, after foundation, bronzer, and even eye makeup. "By saving blush for last, you reduce the risk of having to wipe everything off and start over again if you applied too much at the outset," he says. "It's much easier to add than to subtract."

Blush formula matters, too, according to makeup artist Angel Merino. If your skin's on the dry side, you're better off with a mineral or glowy blush to add luminosity. "If you're more on the oily side, it's a better idea to stick to something more matte to keep your cheeks looking less oily throughout the day," he says.

Between the plethora of different shades and formulas, it might take a little bit of trial and error to land on your favorites, but view it as a makeup-fueled adventure. To be clear, you can wear whatever blush shades you darn well please, and there are no hard rules."

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao   ITA, but if skin is dry, I think cream blush is better.  Any complexion with visible pores should stay away from products with "luminosity" or shimmer.

If you enjoy cream blush, you can just use your lipstick  and get a uniform/co-ordinated look.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

Yes, this is the one.  No, I am looking for subtle - definitely.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin