Honored Contributor

Recieved an email from her website re a sale.  The same split pan blush that was shown late last night - Ethereal Rose/Berry is on sale on her website but without the brush.  I also saw one called Pink Grapefruit.  Think I remember a blush called that as one of her oldies but goodies.

Anyone have the Pink Grapefruit?  At one time I thought I liked Ethereal Rose but when I bought it about a year ago and got it home, it didn't show up on me at all so donated it.

Was thinking maybe the split pan with the Ethereal Rose/Berry blush would be pretty.   The Ethereal Rose would offset the darkness of the Berry and mixed together might work really well and look pretty.  Anyone have thoughts on that?

Honored Contributor

@JudyL - I can't tell you how much I like Pink Grapefruit! It's one of the first two things I bought after watching QVC for the first time. (The other was Mally's Starlight eyeliners- I'd never heard of either brand before!) 

As someone with warm coloring I usually stay away from anything with "pink" in it. But the way Laura talked about this, saying it was a mixture that had gold in it, made me take a chance. My compact has perfect striations in it. Pink Grapefruit is one of my favorites. 

I have other blushes, but I would never part with my LG ones. I have almost all of her colors.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@JudyL - I can't tell you how much I like Pink Grapefruit! It's one of the first two things I bought after watching QVC for the first time. (The other was Mally's Starlight eyeliners- I'd never heard of either brand before!) 

As someone with warm coloring I usually stay away from anything with "pink" in it. But the way Laura talked about this, saying it was a mixture that had gold in it, made me take a chance. My compact has perfect striations in it. Pink Grapefruit is one of my favorites. 

I have other blushes, but I would never part with my LG ones. I have almost all of her colors.  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom  - Wow, thanks for the response.  

Valued Contributor

I also loved Pink grapefruit.  Have not seen it for years.  I also love Tart blushes.  Tart is long lasting on your face. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Blushes

[ Edited ]

I swear, I could open a blush store!  The LG Pink Grapefruit wasn't a favorite.  It was more on the light orangish side, but lighter than Milani Luminoso, and was more shimmery than I prefer. 

Honored Contributor

@tampalady wrote:

I also loved Pink grapefruit.  Have not seen it for years.  I also love Tart blushes.  Tart is long lasting on your face. 

I agree about Tarte blushes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also agree about Tarte blushes.  Have a few and like them a lot.

@JeanLouiseFinch - thats interesting comparison with Milani Luminoso because I didn't like how it looked on me - too dark.  So maybe I'll like Pink Grapefruit better because it's lighter.

Well Pink Grapefruit and the split pan of Ethereal Rose and Berry - whatever its called - are on the way to me.  If I don't like one or both, I'll send back.  Not going to keep makeup anymore that I don't really like in the hopes of "I'll keep it and see if I can make it work" because then it sits and I never use it.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Recieved an email from her website re a sale.  The same split pan blush that was shown late last night - Ethereal Rose/Berry is on sale on her website but without the brush.  I also saw one called Pink Grapefruit.  Think I remember a blush called that as one of her oldies but goodies.

Anyone have the Pink Grapefruit?  At one time I thought I liked Ethereal Rose but when I bought it about a year ago and got it home, it didn't show up on me at all so donated it.

Was thinking maybe the split pan with the Ethereal Rose/Berry blush would be pretty.   The Ethereal Rose would offset the darkness of the Berry and mixed together might work really well and look pretty.  Anyone have thoughts on that?

@JudyL I've had Pink Grapefruit and liked it a lot. It's a great summer color on my light skin. Ethereal Rose is very pretty in the pan, but I can't imagine that it would show much on any but the most porcelain skin. I do sometimes use it as a highlighter, though.

I did buy that split pan you mentioned, and for the reason you mentioned. Mixed with the Ethereal Rose, I think it would be a good daytime look anytime, and a good Spring/Summer look day into evening. The Berry by itself, maybe with Ethereal Rose on just the tops of cheekbones, is what I plan to wear this Fall/Winter. Of course, this all depends on what it looks like when I actually receive it!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My tastes have changed. I like a much softer looking blush, with only a hint of color that gives the face subtle dimension & life. (I do not have fair skin.) Which is why I particularly like Laura's Ethereal Rose.

These days very much dislike blush, ala Jack Dawn's makeup artistry in "Easter Parade."

I think, though, the ER in the split pan was meant more to be used as a highlight.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vermint wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@JudyL I've had Pink Grapefruit and liked it a lot. It's a great summer color on my light skin. Ethereal Rose is very pretty in the pan, but I can't imagine that it would show much on any but the most porcelain skin. I do sometimes use it as a highlighter, though.

I did buy that split pan you mentioned, and for the reason you mentioned. Mixed with the Ethereal Rose, I think it would be a good daytime look anytime, and a good Spring/Summer look day into evening. The Berry by itself, maybe with Ethereal Rose on just the tops of cheekbones, is what I plan to wear this Fall/Winter. Of course, this all depends on what it looks like when I actually receive it!

@vermint - thats how I'm going to use the split pan also.  The ER was way too light for me, hardly showed up at all but mixed with the Berry and used as a highlight I'm hoping will be pretty.  As you said, we'll find out when we get it!

Thanks for letting me know about Pink Grapefruit.  Thats the only one I'm a little nervous about.