Honored Contributor

Laura Geller Baked Gelato Illuminator users- please help!

[ Edited ]

What are you using to apply it?? And how are you applying it?I can't seem to get any on the brush or I  end up getting too much because I have to really dig into it. You can't just lightly swipe a brush over it because it is harder than cream. TIA!

Valued Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Baked Gelato Illuminator users- please help!

[ Edited ]

I use mine as eyeshadow, I was a previous poster that said it had some visible shimmer I didn't like collecting in my large pores. Anyway, I use an eyeshadow brush, sometimes Laura's or It Cosmetics. Is yours hard like a rock then? I think if you keep at it, your brush will eventually pick up product easier. I think it's how they press it. Does yours have all super fine shimmer only? Let me know when you finally get some on your brush. Also, I read in makeupalleydotcom  to use fingers at first, but I haven't tried it that way.

Honored Contributor

@Nunyabisinis wrote:

I use mine as eyeshadow, I was a previous poster that said it had some visible shimmer I didn't like collecting in my large pores. Anyway, I use an eyeshadow brush, sometimes Laura's or It Cosmetics. Is yours hard like a rock then? I think if you keep at it, your brush will eventually pick up product easier. I think it's how they press it. Does yours have all super fine shimmer only? Let me know when you finally get some on your brush. Also, I read in makeupalleydotcom  to use fingers at first, but I haven't tried it that way.

@IMissSuperPokeHmm interesting idea about using it as an eyeshadow! I like that idea and will try that too. Yes, it seems pretty darn hard. I got a gelato blush of hers from a girlfriend of mine and it is the same way. That blush is much brighter pink and looks awful because I have the same issue- can't get any on the brush unless I really dig into it and then by then, it is too much. ugh! It appears to have only super fine shimmer in it- I see no glitter pieces or chunks at all. I have not really been able to pick any up yet so I can't say how it looks on my skin. I will keep you informed. I will try my fingers but now real thrilled with that idea, lol.

Honored Contributor

Hi HD! I have all of the Baked Gelato blushes except Plumberry. I use her travel size blush brush to apply them, as they are a little sheerer than my regular Baked Blush and Brightens. For the Gelato Illuminators like Ballerina, I use the sponge-tipped applicator - both sides, depending on the look I want and where I'm applying it. I usually use these in various areas of my face as I would use a highlighter. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom hmm, thank you. I don't think I have a sponge applicatore blush brush. I only have sponge applicator shadow brushes. I will have to look for one and give it a try. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@beach-mom hmm, thank you. I don't think I have a sponge applicatore blush brush. I only have sponge applicator shadow brushes. I will have to look for one and give it a try. Thanks!

It seems to be out of stock at QVC, but it's available on her website HERE. I don't even see the other travel one for the blush I have. It's an older one. I'm sure she has something newer now that she'll be bringing here!

Regular Contributor

In the interest of full disclosure, I do not have LG's gelato illuminator. I do have several of her other baked highlighters. I use her double ended sponge applicator with the other highlighters with great success. The applicator is available at Ulta, LG's site, and ebay.  I have also used eyeshadow brushes and the real techniques setting brush with success.

What color gelato highlighter do you have? I've been looking at both Ballerina and Honey for weeks.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoCo87 Hello, I got the Ballerina as I thought it would go better with my skintone. Smiley Happy I am going to look up the real technques brush you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions!
Frequent Contributor

I use the Real Techniques Duofiber brushes. I prefer using a light hand. I use the large one for allover face application and i use the middle size one for specific application (cheekbones) and I use the small shadow one for down the bridge of the nose.
Valued Contributor

I would suggest using a brush specifically made for highlighting like the Sigma F03 highlighting brush.