Frequent Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Baked Balance-n-Brighten

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and suggestions! @JeanLouiseFinch has a good point that I hadn't considered. The first brush I tried was a dense flat buffing brush that probably did have other product and facial oil trapped within the bristles. Going to try roughing up the surface and cleaning my brushes and give it another try. I don't use this type of foundation everyday, but I'll let you kno if that does the trick when I try it again!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Baked Balance-n-Brighten

[ Edited ]

Ok ..in closing out this thread, I did take the sharp side of a hair clip and gently scaled along the surface on the pan. I still used my flat dense buff brush (clean) and was able to get some color payoff...although I had to reapeat the process every time I wanted more product. Bottom line, I liked it! I got Light as I'm not a sun person, nor am Into self tanning anymore. It provided nice coverage, felt lightweight and I didn't have to use a setting powder like I normally would with my liquid foundation. I use Laura's spackle before application of any foundation. That getting into the brush could be the culprit (who knows). Decided to keep it because I like the sheer lightweight coverage for summer. Thanks again to all!