Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller 50% off sale on select items including Baked Elements Foundation.

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

Greate question, @sueinsf!  Because LG BE Foundation was / is such a hit, loved and praised by so many! Is really discontinuing THAT? Or does she getting rid of some stock on hand, knowing that her new Double Take Baked Versatile Powder Foundation will take the Numero Uno spot, replacing her BE?

Because, I think it can. I only used it once today, and I LOVED it! I think, also because it can be done with very light coverage using a brush, or considerably more coverage using a sponge, or a wet sponge.

Will see with a few more trials on it and on GE, because GE is also new for me.

But she claimed you can do this with the BE too. I, for one, will not buy the new foundation as I don't like talc in my foundationbecause it tends to look powdery and cakey (one reason I did not like her B&B, which also contains talc) . Plus I don't like fuller coverage and she was really touting it as a full coverage foundation even with one application. Oh well, if she discontinues BE I will move on and try to find a new love or just stick with the Missha and give up on powder foundations.

Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller 50% off sale on select items including Baked Elements Foundation.

@sueinsf wrote:

@Rachb wrote:
I ordered 6 of the BE compacts. Being that this is a "clearance sale" (according to LG on Instagram) I'm freaking out that it's going to be discontinued. This will bring my stash up to 14. Yowzers. But I love it and don't want to be without it. I also got a lipstick in Zen and 3 waterproof eyeliners. I have hooded kids and rarely wear liner but I'm going to give these a shot. Maybe I'll like it enough to wear liner more often....if I can master applying it.

@Rachb did Laura sayon Instagram whether the BE was being discontinued?  Or is that just something people are thinking could be possible since she's reduced the price 50% twice now and just introduced a new baked foundation?  Did she give any further reason for the clearance?  Or just that they want to reduce some of their (hopefully not old) stock?

@sueinsf I emailed Laura Geller's CS and asked if they planned on discontinuing or reformulating the BE. IF they get back to me, I will let you all know what they say. I emailed on Monday or Tuesday and so far, no answer.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about talc, @HappyDaze, you may be totally right about this.

But it looks so good! I have a "light" coverage today, and I do not "feel" it on my face either!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze thanks for emailing. I tweeted them and didn't get a response.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@Rachb wrote:
I ordered 6 of the BE compacts. Being that this is a "clearance sale" (according to LG on Instagram) I'm freaking out that it's going to be discontinued. This will bring my stash up to 14. Yowzers. But I love it and don't want to be without it. I also got a lipstick in Zen and 3 waterproof eyeliners. I have hooded kids and rarely wear liner but I'm going to give these a shot. Maybe I'll like it enough to wear liner more often....if I can master applying it.

@Rachb did Laura sayon Instagram whether the BE was being discontinued?  Or is that just something people are thinking could be possible since she's reduced the price 50% twice now and just introduced a new baked foundation?  Did she give any further reason for the clearance?  Or just that they want to reduce some of their (hopefully not old) stock?

@sueinsf I emailed Laura Geller's CS and asked if they planned on discontinuing or reformulating the BE. IF they get back to me, I will let you all know what they say. I emailed on Monday or Tuesday and so far, no answer.

@HappyDaze and @Rachb Will be curious to see what they say.  I was debating on picking up two in Fair (just to make paying the shipping more palatable...lol) but since I really don't know how the color will be compared to the Light, I guess I shouldn't get more than one for now.  If it gets discontinued then so be it.  There are always plenty of other foundations out there.

Speaking of that, I was also debating on whether to try the IT cushion compact TSV.  Not that I need it but don't always want to use a powder foundation.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks girls for the heads up...I got a few of my fave eyeshadows (Rome!)  and a Baked Elements in Light (I had medium long ago when I used to tan in a booth...I know I know...I stopped... so hush lol)

I do use BnB sometimes but the talc does sometimes mess with my dry skin ( in the winter especially)...wish she would eliminate talc from all her powders...I also got some InkCredible liners based on your reviews...I love a smear proof, water proof thin eyeliner ( love my Skinn smudgesticks for thicker lines and smudging)  

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf @Rachb @sonechko and anyone else who is interested- I finally got a response from Laura Geller's Customer service. I asked two questions:

- will you be discontinuing Baked Elements Foundation?

-will you be reformulating Baked Elements Foundation?

They only responded to the first question-they are NOT, I repeat, NOT discontinuing Baked Elements Foundation. So some good news! However, I will have to reply and ask them about reformulating it. Hopefully they just overlooked that question and aren't just avoiding answering it!

Respected Contributor

Thank you @HappyDaze
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@sueinsf @Rachb @sonechko and anyone else who is interested- I finally got a response from Laura Geller's Customer service. I asked two questions:

They only responded to the first question-they are NOT, I repeat, NOT discontinuing Baked Elements Foundation. So some good news! However, I will have to reply and ask them about reformulating it. Hopefully they just overlooked that question and aren't just avoiding answering it!

I am glad about this as I really like the BE Foundation.  I was not surprised, however, as they have often had a 50% off sale on items that they continue to sell for years.  Sometimes they have had 50% off on their whole inventory.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Okay they responded super quick and said that there are no plans to reformulate Baked elements either! YAY! GREAT news for me and others who love it!