Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Geller 50% off sale on select items including Baked Elements Foundation.

[ Edited ]

@sonechko, all right. Here you go.

The set of six that I bought for $14 included the following:

1. Neutralizer -- I prefer my concealer as a base and cover-up.

2. Periwinkler Princess -- odd purplish-blueish color.

3. Lady Lilac -- okay, but I can only use a tiny amount as an accent in the center right above my lashes. Otherwise, I would look quite sickly.

4. Mauve Majesty -- the color is not bad, but I could use this maybe in the crease, and just trying to blend this stuff well is not worth it.

5. Plush Platinum -- pearly pale silver that also I could use only right above my lashes.

6. Grey Gardens -- a nice shade of gray but no better than my powder shadows that are easier to use.

7. Yes, there is a seventh! Hahaha...seven for $14. You can tell how often I take these out. :-) This is Baronness Brown and my favorite of the bunch, but still, I don't use it much at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Geller 50% off sale on select items including Baked Elements Foundation.

Thank you very much @suzyQ3! It's one of your most favorite shades - Baronness Brown, I thought and thought about and did not get.... Oh well, will see if these spackles hues work for me at all, I can always get more colors if they work at all. I've read quite good reviews for these. Will see.

Sales like this always gets me, trying something new, that I normally would not consider buying at regular price.

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Thank you very much @suzyQ3! It's one of your most favorite shades - Baronness Brown, I thought and thought about and did not get.... Oh well, will see if these spackles hues work for me at all, I can always get more colors if they work at all. I've read quite good reviews for these. Will see.

Sales like this always gets me, trying something new, that I normally would not consider buying at regular price.

You're very welcome. I hope you end up liking these more than I did. BTW, the Baroness Brown was probably my favorite, but honestly, it's just a nice medium brown.

One thing -- these do have very good longevity.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@sonechko I'd concur with @suzyQ3 assessment of the hues. I did try the baroness brown and I think the color looks pretty good but, as she mentioned, since they are kind of hard to blend, it ends up looking kind of patchy on me. I could never figure out how to blend it out well enough that you can't see this line of where I've applied it. The only difference between SuzyQ's assessment and mine is that the lady lilac worked well for me. When I wear it, my husband always says my eyes look pretty- not my eye makeup but my eyes. On me, it is very subtle but really brings out my greenish hazel eyes. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you for bringing the sale to my attention.  Also thanks to the poster that had the 30% off coupon code.  I also ordered through Mrrebates.  Wow!  Good deal!

I got the new foundation, a couple blushes, lipgloss and lipstick.  For those prices I can try to make sure I like them before I pay full price to restock.

I'm all excited.  I haven't had any new makeup for a while.

Esteemed Contributor

Grrrreat, @mima!  I too, was out of the make-up scene for quite awhile. It's only during last year, when I started buying Wen on Q, I'd noticed some nice make-up, and specials, as well as some posters raving about this or that on the Q or on HSN. I have made several mistakes purchasing make-up TSVs, but no biggy. Some I sent back, some found a secret place in my drawers and unfortunately not in my heart! Smiley Happy

But now, I do frequent BB, because here I could "catch" a conversation about the products and the upcoming deals. Hoorays for QVC Beauty Board! And Thank You Ladies!

Now I have some cool stuff and make myself "pretty" again, fully enjoying my make-over "sessions", and doing this with great pleasure! It's lots of fun and definitely makes me look by far more beautiful.

I like lighter make-up, but still do some adventurous stuff like bronze and gold. With these latest finds of mine, I finally started to do my eye make-up again, and what a difference it can make if done correctly! When using right, up to date modern products - it is day and night difference in appearance!

It is not your Mama's make-up anymore! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@sonechko I'd concur with @suzyQ3 assessment of the hues. I did try the baroness brown and I think the color looks pretty good but, as she mentioned, since they are kind of hard to blend, it ends up looking kind of patchy on me. I could never figure out how to blend it out well enough that you can't see this line of where I've applied it. The only difference between SuzyQ's assessment and mine is that the lady lilac worked well for me. When I wear it, my husband always says my eyes look pretty- not my eye makeup but my eyes. On me, it is very subtle but really brings out my greenish hazel eyes. Smiley Happy

I was thinking just that, @HappyDaze about the Brown color. I was afraid it would look "dirty" and patchy on my eyelids. And I would not like using it as an eyeliner, because it's brown color is not "all that" for a liner. I passed the Baroness for now. Though I like the name! Can't wait to try Lady Lilac! I like the name too, as well as it's color!

Anywho. I just applied the new TSV foundation in Fair. With a Becca boar brush. Like you, Happy D., I prefer a foundation to be lighter, and don't care for a "perfect" coverage to hide it all.

Well, at first after applying I thought it was a little too light, though it looked very beautiful and by no means yellowish, I compared to my neck skin, and added few sweeps there too. But rather quickly, it kind of "balanced" itself out and became my normal skin tone. I don't know, could this be because it "soaked" into skin and let skin tone to shine through, or because I applied some of the TSV highlighter and a just a touch of a blush.

The highlighter is not obnoxious "gold and sparkle" like Becca ones (though I love them), TSV highlighter is hardly noticeable, but adds to a general look, most definitely. There is very subtle glow to the face with this make-over, light coverage with a brush application.

I used Isomers Primer underneath, it's super light and colorless. Though it is greenish coming from the bottle, but not on skin. I guess it balances out the red in the skin. Really good primer, I think. I will compare it with Laura's spackle when I get it.

Basically - I Like It! I think - a lot.  I don't know yet if I like This foundation or BE better.

Respected Contributor

I ordered 6 of the BE compacts. Being that this is a "clearance sale" (according to LG on Instagram) I'm freaking out that it's going to be discontinued. This will bring my stash up to 14. Yowzers. But I love it and don't want to be without it. I also got a lipstick in Zen and 3 waterproof eyeliners. I have hooded kids and rarely wear liner but I'm going to give these a shot. Maybe I'll like it enough to wear liner more often....if I can master applying it.
Respected Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I ordered 6 of the BE compacts. Being that this is a "clearance sale" (according to LG on Instagram) I'm freaking out that it's going to be discontinued. This will bring my stash up to 14. Yowzers. But I love it and don't want to be without it. I also got a lipstick in Zen and 3 waterproof eyeliners. I have hooded kids and rarely wear liner but I'm going to give these a shot. Maybe I'll like it enough to wear liner more often....if I can master applying it.

@Rachb did Laura sayon Instagram whether the BE was being discontinued?  Or is that just something people are thinking could be possible since she's reduced the price 50% twice now and just introduced a new baked foundation?  Did she give any further reason for the clearance?  Or just that they want to reduce some of their (hopefully not old) stock?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great question, @sueinsf!  Because LG BE Foundation was / is such a hit, loved and praised by so many! Is she really discontinuing THAT? Or is she getting rid of some stock on hand, knowing that her new Double Take Baked Versatile Powder Foundation may take the Numero Uno spot, replacing her BE?

Because, I think it can. I only used it once today, and I LOVED it! I think, also because it can be done with very light coverage using a brush, or considerably more coverage using a sponge, or a wet sponge.

Will see with a few more trials on it and on GE, because GE is also new for me.