Honored Contributor

Laura Geller 20-pc Gel Eyeliners

I just got my set today and turn on the TV and there they are presenting them on the Q.  Does anybody have these?  How do you like them?  I was a little underwhelmed by some of the closeups.  I'm hoping I can get a thinner line than they are showing.  I like to start out with a thin line which thickens as it approaches the outer corner of the eye ending in a point.  I don't know if that is what people refer to as a wing.  I have small, round eyes so I don't do an exagerated "wing", but it needs to come to a point.  

One of the models it appeared that it had smudged a bit.  They all had sorta thick lines over the entire lid.  I did put a little on my thumb and let sit a bit and it didn't rub off.  It lightened a bit, but it's still there.  Of course, that doesn't mean I'll have that luck when I put it on my eyes.  Hoping it works on the inner rim on my lower eye.  

Contributor

Re: Laura Geller 20-pc Gel Eyeliners

I like her liners, they go on nice and smooth and you can make the line as thin or thick as you want.  I bought a set of six a few years ago and the colors are pretty basic and cover all the bases.  I have never noticed them smudging, you kind of have to let them "set" a minute or two.  The only gripe I have with them is that 4 of the six colors have a kind of glitter in them.  I really don't want to sparkle at my desk during the day LOL!  Also, I'm a contact lens wearer, and if you are someone who rubs your eyes when you're tired, have a cold or whatever, the glitter is very irritating.  I wish Laura would make a compete set without the glitter.

Respected Contributor

Why you would consider a kit of 20 of them.   That's more than enough in a lifetime and they are gel which dries out.

Mally used to offer a kit of a zillion too, I can't even use 1 of them up, they get old (2 years) before I dump it.

Just asking.

I don't like the "wing" look, I think somebody came up with that to get noticed. 

Honored Contributor

Honestly, who needs 20 eyeliners? 🤔

Honored Contributor

@ECBG - Wasn't it Laura Geller eyeliners that I sent you?  I thought they were the one's you said you liked them so much?  I can't remember.  I only line the inner rim of my top lid these days and I only use IT Waterproof.

I thought (key word thought) ECBG said she liked the one's I sent herHeart

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ECBG - Wasn't it Laura Geller eyeliners that I sent you?  I thought they were the one's you said you liked them so much?  I can't remember.  I only line the inner rim of my top lid these days and I only use IT Waterproof.

I thought (key word thought) ECBG said she liked the one's I sent herHeart

@Annabellethecat66,Other than my dearest sweet Annebellethe cat, I nlove these liners in black!  My sweet friend sent me some and created an obsession!!!  Good by Mally eyeliner pencils!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG I hope it's OK that I said you liked them, but I just saw your text or email and was thinking about you.  Take care, sweet friend.

Did you use any of the Dr. Denese?  I have some other 'things' to send you.  Remember the box I was getting ready (the second box).  The friend who's 'organizing' my stuff took it out of the box so I have to start over.  Eventually I'll send it to you.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I hope it's OK that I said you liked them, but I just saw your text or email and was thinking about you.  Take care, sweet friend.

@Annabellethecat66,Perfectly alright!  I'm nuts about them!  I can also get them at my Ulta with no shipping!

Love you LT!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Why you would consider a kit of 20 of them.   That's more than enough in a lifetime and they are gel which dries out.

Mally used to offer a kit of a zillion too, I can't even use 1 of them up, they get old (2 years) before I dump it.

Just asking.

I don't like the "wing" look, I think somebody came up with that to get noticed. 

I thought maybe the gel pens wouldn't dry out the way the pots do.  

As far as the "wing" look, if that's what I'm really trying to do, I'm attempting to make my eyes look a little bigger and not so round.  But, whatever, I like the look of what I'm attempting to do, so don't really care what anybody else thinks about it.  

Honored Contributor

Did you use any of the Dr. Denese?  I have some other 'things' to send you.  Remember the box I was getting ready (the second box).  The friend who's 'organizing' my stuff took it out of the box so I have to start over.  Eventually I'll send it to you.

@Annabellethecat66,I was using the Mally pencils and you sent me Laura.  I LOVE them SO much!    The Dr. Denese is great too!  Thanks bunches foe sending me items that worked better than mine!