Occasional Contributor

Laura Gellar new eyebrow pencil

I just received Laura Geller's new eyebrow pencil in blonde. I am so disappointed. The pencil is so hard you can't even get it to apply much color, and what color you get is an aweful muddy color. I have never had this bad of an experience , not even with a drugstore pencil. Has anyone bought this in perhaps another color? I was wondering if it was just the blonde that has this problem.

Super Contributor

Re: Laura Gellar new eyebrow pencil

Perhaps you might try sharpening it. I'm expecting mine tomorrow.

Occasional Contributor

They come sharpened to a point. Mine was a solid color with no marbling either. Hope you have better luck than me.

Honored Contributor

Mine in brunette is on a slow donkey delivery ride. Zeesh! The postal system is a snail race to no where!

I hope I have better results w/ the brunette!

Regular Contributor

Is it the one below? I have not seen this particular brow product anywhere except Nordstrom. Define and Tame Brow Perfecting Gel.

Don't make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.
Trusted Contributor

It is sooo frustrating when we try a new product, only to be greatly disappointed. I wonder sometimes, with so many brands and new releases, did they really do any random (or not random) product testing to see how it performed.

Laura had another brow product, some years back, that was also a real letdown to many. I had intended to order that one myself but after reading the reviews, felt fortunate that I become aware of it's poor performance prior to buying. Sorry you have experienced the same with this one.

Occasional Contributor

I worked with it today. If she would have made the pencil just a a little softer, it would have been much easier to apply. I guess it is this way so it doesn't come off throughout the day. Maybe there is a learning curve. I will try to make this work, don't want to have to send this back and pay shipping again. Maybe I should have ordered the brunette.

Valued Contributor

A257029

This is the one being discussed:

Frequent Contributor

I just finished reading your posts and the mailman delivered my blonde eyebrow pencils. If ever anything could go wrong it has and I just knew not to try these pencils today but temptation took over!! These pencils are horrible! I tried several ways to apply and even tried wetting the tips. I found by wetting the tip and holding the pencil straight up and down I had a little luck but not much. These pencils are a disaster. Trying to decide whether to return them as I definitely don't need anymore dust collectors! Grrr...............

Respected Contributor

That is the very reason I stopped using Mary Kay blonde eye brow pencils - they were so hard and you couldn't get the color to transfer onto your eyebrow without using so much pressure you hurt yourself.

I kept thinking oh I just got an old one, it's dry, and then I realized they were making them that way. Had used it for so many years I can't count.

Hope yours will work better for you. It is hard to find a good blonde pencil anymore. I almost ordered those.