Honored Contributor

Re: Last AARP Cover -- Blythe Danner -

@pommom wrote:

Her daughter, Gwyneth Paltrow, is a natural beauty.  I know this may not be a popular statement.  Gwyneth has beautiful legs as well.

@pommom

Gwneth is very pretty, also, but there is something about her that I just don't care for.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I just recevied this issue and think that Blythe Danner just looks stunning on the cover!  I am a huge fan of hers and think she is so beautiful.  I told DH --- I want her makeup look and her hairdo!  She, I feel, looks so lovely --- not overdone --- and great for her age.  So  beautifully put together.  I have been wanting to get something done with my eyebrows and I like the way hers look.  They are not too dark, not too thick.  We seem to have similar coloring.  I love her eye makeup and her lip color.  I am going to take the cover with me and go to Ulta and ask the brow people if they can do a similar thing for me.  Of course, they will probably look at me like I am some crazy old lady --- which I am -- but it's worth a try, right???? 

@AngelPuppy1  Sometimes inside the magazine there are cover credits w/ the makeup products used on the cover. Keep in mind that lighting/filters change the colors and the shades on Blythe may not be appropriate for you. Be open to alternates. 

@Shanus

Yes, this is true.  But I thought the lighter coloring of the brows and the shape might be a good guideline to start with. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have always like her 'look' and her hair...color....style....she is an attractive woman.

@Mom2Dogs

I like that she is polished looking but doesn't look like she is trying to be so glamourous. Even though she is gorgeous in my estimation! 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Anastasia until recently was my holy grail product (brow wiz and brow definer) 

Stopped by Ulta SA helping, tested "Bareminerals" brow maker (brunette)...

The color grey undertones complement my brows, hair, skin perfectly. 

Bareminerals also isn't as creamy, for me made the decision. 

So between color and texture switched, never thought it would happen.

Two shades only, might be a problem for you. Here's the item A291500

Watch the video, give you an idea about the product. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I just recevied this issue and think that Blythe Danner just looks stunning on the cover!  I am a huge fan of hers and think she is so beautiful.  I told DH --- I want her makeup look and her hairdo!  She, I feel, looks so lovely --- not overdone --- and great for her age.  So  beautifully put together.  I have been wanting to get something done with my eyebrows and I like the way hers look.  They are not too dark, not too thick.  We seem to have similar coloring.  I love her eye makeup and her lip color.  I am going to take the cover with me and go to Ulta and ask the brow people if they can do a similar thing for me.  Of course, they will probably look at me like I am some crazy old lady --- which I am -- but it's worth a try, right???? 

@AngelPuppy1  Sometimes inside the magazine there are cover credits w/ the makeup products used on the cover. Keep in mind that lighting/filters change the colors and the shades on Blythe may not be appropriate for you. Be open to alternates. 

@Shanus

Yes, this is true.  But I thought the lighter coloring of the brows and the shape might be a good guideline to start with. 

@AngelPuppy1  Go for it. Let us know what happens. I’ve NEVER had anyone touch my brows...no waxing, tweezing, threading, etc. I prefer them thick, but probably could use a professional shaping...I just tweeze between and stray hairs underneath. I’ve been w/ friends who leave a salon in hysterics because their brows were taken down to 30’s movie star’s thin. At this age, they don’t grow back. If I lived in a large city, say where I could book an appt. w/ Anastasia herself, I may consider it.

Esteemed Contributor

Blythe Danner was always beautiful. The first time I saw her was on "St. Elsewhere," and that was many MANY years ago. I loved her voice and I thought she was just lovely, and a very good actress as well.

She's been a successful working actress throughout her career, and is still doing movies and television projects.

However, I won't say anything about her daughter Woman Tongue

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus

@AngelPuppy1  Go for it. Let us know what happens. I’ve NEVER had anyone touch my brows...no waxing, tweezing, threading, etc. I prefer them thick, but probably could use a professional shaping...I just tweeze between and stray hairs underneath. I’ve been w/ friends who leave a salon in hysterics because their brows were taken down to 30’s movie star’s thin. At this age, they don’t grow back. If I lived in a large city, say where I could book an appt. w/ Anastasia herself, I may consider it.

@Shanus

I never had mine touched either.  Mine used to be very thick also and much darker.  As time has gone on they have just thinned out themselves, gotten very wiry and do not behave.  The color --- what color?  You can hardly see them at all now.  

Honored Contributor

@BostonMom 59 wrote:

Gwyneth is lovely to look at, but is not really nice to 'regular people'- I know some people who worked with her on a beauty video shoot and she wouldn't speak to anyone but 'her people' when the cameras were turned off except to make demands.

Blythe Danner grew up as a regular person who became an actress, and from what I've heard is a sweet person, kind to everyone and not snobbish. Gwyneth Paltrow has always been the child of privilege and does not know what it's like to be living on middle class money and having to save up for what you want, which explains the overpriced items she promotes on her GOOP website. She also doesn't know enough to be kind to the 'little people' which may bite her on the ****** if her career ever goes away.

I love Blythe Danner. If you haven't seen 'I'll See You In My Dreams' please do so. It's great.

@BostonMom 59

I have seen that movie -- I love it!  

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Blythe Danner was always beautiful. The first time I saw her was on "St. Elsewhere," and that was many MANY years ago. I loved her voice and I thought she was just lovely, and a very good actress as well.

She's been a successful working actress throughout her career, and is still doing movies and television projects.

However, I won't say anything about her daughter Woman Tongue

@sunala

I totally agree with all you posted!!!!

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant:  Photo shopped, retouched or not, I think she's a lovely natural beauty.