Honored Contributor

Re: Lash Paradise Hell

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

I like Lash Paradise. But I am not a mascara sophisticate. I pick up whichever one is currently best talked about from the drug store.

I almost always get a little mascara on my lid when I apply and I always comb through no matter what mascara I use. So I'd love to know which ones you ladies have found that don't get on the lid and don't need combing!

@Porcelain  To keep mascara off eyelid, try placing pinky finger against back of lashes, on lid. Stroke the mascara wand up on the lashes and on finger. Mascara can then be  easily washed off hands w/o disturbing eye makeup.

Honored Contributor

i prefer lancome grandiose mascaras......love the brush, love the angle on the brush, and it puts the perfect amount of mascara on the brush as you are removing it from the tube.

my second favorite is perricone no mascara mascara.

i always use a white mascara primer (usually lancome cils booster xl) and a primer of the it cosmetics tightline prior to mascara application.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I like Lash Paradise. But I am not a mascara sophisticate. I pick up whichever one is currently best talked about from the drug store.

I almost always get a little mascara on my lid when I apply and I always comb through no matter what mascara I use. So I'd love to know which ones you ladies have found that don't get on the lid and don't need combing!

@Porcelain  To keep mascara off eyelid, try placing pointer finger against back of lashes, on lid. Stroke the mascara wand up on the lashes and on finger. Mascara can then be  easily washed off hands w/o disturbing eye makeup.

Oh I like that! I really like that idea! It's practical and something I could actually do daily instead of bringing crazy stencil tools or post its into the process. Thank you, Shanus. I will try it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain  To keep mascara off eyelid, try placing pointer finger against back of lashes, on lid. Stroke the mascara wand up on the lashes and on finger. Mascara can then be  easily washed off hands w/o disturbing eye makeup.

Oh I like that! I really like that idea! It's practical and something I could actually do daily instead of bringing crazy stencil tools or post its into the process. Thank you, Shanus. I will try it.

@Porcelain  Happy to pass my helpful hints along. That one’s a real time saver.

Esteemed Contributor

I had bad luck with Lash Paradise too -- but right now, I can't remember why I didn't like it.  I remember I threw it in the trash after 3 or 4 uses.   

Like @Equuleus, I always use L'oreal Voluminous.  Great stuff!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried this? Reviews?

895A07FF-F759-4FA9-B260-48C9C40EA7B5.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Has anyone tried this? Reviews?

895A07FF-F759-4FA9-B260-48C9C40EA7B5.jpeg

I did try the Maybelline Full 'N Soft but threw it out - it wasn't good, but I can't quite remember why.  I am currently using Almay Multi-Benefit mascara and like it.  It goes on without clumping and is easy to remove.  The one masara that I'm really interested in trying is Glossier's new mascara (can't remember the name); I love Glossier Boy Brown so the next time I order, I will also order their mascara.  

Valued Contributor
Yeah I liked lash paradise at first but then I got major flaking off mid day. The same thing happened to my formerly beloved hypnose drama. My eyes have been itchy and watery latey too. I picked up bare minerals flawless definition at TJ Maxx, will see how that goes.
Valued Contributor
@Shanus, another great tip about putting the index finger on the lid! Thanks!
Honored Contributor

I have a feeling I'm going to catch some flack for this but lately I've been using Younique's Epic Mascara and I really like it a lot. I apply L'Oreal Voluminous Primer (white tube) first.