Super Contributor

Lash Growth Products - Do they work? Recommendations? My lashes are disappearing.

In my 60's, and noticed how my former thick long lashes are disappearing. ( I think  they are on my chin now).  Mascara makes them look alright, but sure wish I had  more of them.

I know this has  been discussed before , but I didn't think to pay attention the first time!  So do any of these products work, and which do you recommend?

Respected Contributor

Re: Lash Growth Products - Do they work? Recommendations? My lashes are disappearing.

Evine used to have a good one that I used for quite a while.....it was pricey, but it worked....sorry, can't remember the name.....they haven't had it in quite a long time and it was part of a line of products.

Right now I'm trying my first Rapid Lash.....got it off Amazon.  I'm only a couple of weeks into it, so time will tell.  It's cheaper than the Evine product I used, so I'm hoping it does work.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lash Growth Products - Do they work? Recommendations? My lashes are disappearing.

I tried Rapid Lash and it was irritating - made me very itchy.

I ordered some Isomers Eyelash Protein Conditioning Treatment last month.  I've been busy with some house stuff and just haven't made the time to get started with the lash treatment, but am looking forward to it.  It's currently sold out, but it has a 4.5 star rating from 41 reviews on Evine that convinced me to give it a try.  If you can wait a little bit, watch for it to become available again.  Also, have you considered adding a Biotin supplement?  You need a hefty amount and be sure it includes as much bamboo silica as possible.  I get mine from Vitacost.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

CASTOR OIL...organic, cheap and easy to find. Just apply with a lash brush or a doe-foot gloss wand (what I use). Takes several months of once-daily applications to see any change. It works for me. I was a skeptic. Not any more.Woman Very Happy

Prior to using this I tried Latisse and Isomers. Castor oil was just as effective.

Respected Contributor

Careprost which is the generic version of Latisse.  IT TOTALLY WORKS!  I have been using it for 3 months now and am amazed at how many lashes I have now and they are long!  You have to put it on every night, I do it before bed.  But if you are consist it really works. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes it works.  I use Isomers eyelash protein - comes 2 to a pack for I think $35.00. I am on auto-delivery and have it set to 120 days rather than 60 or 90 because it lasts a very long time.  It takes a couple months to see a difference, but I have been diligent with it and my lashes are once again full and long.  If I put mascara on it is like when I was in my 20's - no kidding.  I have long full lashes again.  I did try the Isomers stem genesis for lashes and I didn't care for it as much.  I prefer the lash protein. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Careprost works.  For about $35 and free shipping.  It is itchy though, but you'll get over it.  Search Tara sc and sign up for emails.  They send them out at holidays for 20, sometimes 25% off.  Sign up now and you'll get an email for July 4. 

Honored Contributor

Rapid Lash worked for me. I had to use it for 5-6 weeks and noticed it in my lower lashline first (I actually had to trim my lower lashes) and then my upper lashes.

Honored Contributor

Happy to read your review, @nycgrl.  It's encouraging.  

Trusted Contributor

I used Lumigan, a prescription glauoma product in the past.  I couldn't believe how much my eyelashes grew and got thicker.  But, alas, when I stopped it due to high cost of copay, my lashes went back to being skimpy.  You must use the Latisste all the time, just like Rogaine for your hair.