Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have lash extensions and if so how long do they last you before you have them refilled. I would also like to know if you also use RevitaLash with them and does it help your lashes grow with the extensions. Thank you

Respected Contributor

I realize I'm bumping up an old thread but I was just checking out posts on lash extensions because I bought a great Groupon deal and I've never had lash extensions before. This OP never got any replies to this thread but I'd be interested in knowing specifically whether or not it's a good idea to get extensions while using Rapidlash (which I started using about a month ago). Should I continue using it right up to my appointment and keep using it after I have my extensions? Should I stop using it before I get them? Does it make a difference? TIA

Contributor
I got lash extensions once and had them refilled about once every 2 weeks. I didn't enjoy them though. I couldn't wash my face the way that I like to and ultimately had pretty bad breakage of my natural lashes. I stopped and never looked back. I use regular falsies now
Regular Contributor

Try "Lash Extension" by Ready to Wear on HSN.  You apply the fibers between two coats of mascara.  It works beautifully!  I have it on auto-ship.

Respected Contributor

I've had lash extensions since last September. I get fills every 4 weeks. 

I don't see the need to use Revitalash while wearing extensions.  The extensions cover your natural lash and you need a fill when your own lashes grow out. Using Revitalash would just cause you to have to get the extensions filled more often, I think.

I am very happy with mine  I see no evidence of my own lashes breaking off.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I won't get them as I"m afraid i'd be allergic to the glue as my friend was.  I also wear a lot of liner and I do wear eye shadow.  It's too hard to get off eye makeup if you have lash extensions.  I think they look fabulous though, and I think if one doesn't wear much eye makeup, they'd be great.

I'm also afraid of lash damage. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I wear eyeshadow and eyeliner often.  I remove the liner with a Q tip soaked with cleanser and the shadow comes off easily with my regular face washing routine.  You  just can't use an oil-based cleanser around the extensions, otherwise nothing much is different.

You will find you don't need as much liner on the top lash line. The extensions darken your lash line making it look as if you have some liner on.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

I wear eyeshadow and eyeliner often.  I remove the liner with a Q tip soaked with cleanser and the shadow comes off easily with my regular face washing routine.  You  just can't use an oil-based cleanser around the extensions, otherwise nothing much is different.

You will find you don't need as much liner on the top lash line. The extensions darken your lash line making it look as if you have some liner on.

I don't want to be super careful taking off my eye makeup.  I have enough trouble taking off my eye makeup and getting it off with NO extensions.  The women I know who have them wear no to little eye makeup.  I don't think they'd work for me. 

I'm glad you like them.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

I don't want to be super careful taking off my eye makeup.  I have enough trouble taking off my eye makeup and getting it off with NO extensions.  The women I know who have them wear no to little eye makeup.  I don't think they'd work for me. 

I'm glad you like them.

Yes, thanks!  I like them very much. 

I am an eye makeup addict. I might have more eye shadows than lipsticks.   Woman LOL I love doing a dramatic eye with my shadows and then having the dramatic lashes already done for me.

It's great that I don't have to scrub my eyes getting mascara off as well.  

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

I  use Clarisonic every evening and then splash water on my face repeatedly to rinse off my cleanser. Am I still going to be able to do that??