Laser treatment for acne scar...opinion please!

Hi there,

I’m 20 years old and have acne and scars on my face. I treated them naturally, but there is no effect. So I consulted a dermatologist Dr. Jain in Toronto. She gave me Clindamycin Phosphate and Nicotinamide gel and Doxycycline Monohydrate 100mg capsules. She also told me that a laser treatment can be performed to remove the acne scars completely. But I’m not sure about it. Does laser treatment cause any other health problems? Has anyone done laser treatment for acne scars on face? I would highly appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks a lot in advance!

Respected Contributor

Re: Laser treatment for acne scar...opinion please!

I never had any real acne issues but I know someone that had massave acne scars all over neck and face. She had the laser treatment and there was a significant improvement in her appearance. Her skin was never 100% normal but the treatment did a good job considering how severe her case was

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Laser treatment for acne scar...opinion please!

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

Unless your scars are very light, I wouldn't expect them to be 100% gone, but you can get good improvement with today's lasers. Good luck. Smiley Happy

ETA: I have no idea how I got a "spoiler" headline on this post. Please ignore that. I can't make it go away.