Honored Contributor

Re: Large pores, sagging jowls, wrinkles, oily t zone, thinning hair

[ Edited ]

@chiclet@SilleeMee@mercyMe@anonymous23@Goodie2shoes

Me too! It seemed like one day all was ok; the next time I looked, VOILLA and notin a good way LOL

My helpers are:

1) press Isomers b-calm serum and Azelaic acid into breakout areas (chin) and on lips hairline 

2) Argan oil rubbed into hairline seems to help it re-grow

3) Faerieorganic mineral foundation and sheer veil readily adapt to a blemish concealer/healer and the sheer veil turns any sticky spots into a nice canvas for adding blush color

4) Renova (I used generic) is wonderful. It keeps lines and creases away and clears pores.

5) Using sunscreen is a must.

6) Castor oil stops my breakouts.

7) Beautycounter baby hair conditioner gave me “my hair” back! Being all gray, I was suffering with the frizzies. This conditioner fixed that problem.

8) 100% Pure foundation (quite drying and oil-free) heals my skin.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I feel your pain and have been addressing sagging jowels for some time. The two things that seem to help most with my sagging and wrinkles are the Tria at home laser and NuFace. Neither works over night, so you have to be able to hang in there and give them time. I had a client ask me why did I look better now than I did two years ago. I referenced the two products mentioned here.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

There's no getting around it --- getting older is really a slap in the chops!!!  

I am 65 and lately I am really starting to show my age.  I think, for me, what has caused this is stress and illness.  I do not have a lot of wrinkles, but do have the usual fine lines --- between my brows, around the eyes, sides of the mouth.  Then, there is the rosacea with the broken caps and tendency to break out at times, and the redness.  I have very fair thin skin, but lately I am noticing that what color I did have has pretty well gone.  

My hair. once so thick it was ridiculous, is beginning to thin at the top and front.  It's being very contrary and does exactly what it wants!  As for brows?  They are practically faded away in color and are patchy.

I am at this point just grasping at straws and trying to figure out what to use on my skin, hair, etc.  

I do not want plastic surgery or procedures, nor can I afford it.

I do think that using less makeup on one's face is probably best at this stage in the game.  Keeping well hydrated is most important.  

Derms where I live do nothing concerning offering advice on products to use.  They are only interested in medical conditions and if you want botox or something of this nature.  So, you are on your own!  

I wish I could offer you some magic solutions but sadly I have none!

I just wanted to commiserate and tell you that you are not alone!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I’m 69. After reading these posts, I feel sad that we have not accepted the aging process and the positives (we’re alive) and negatives it brings. 

I blame the media for making us feel like we should always look 35 & do everything and anything to look for the magic of youth. We can’t get those years back...taut skin, wrinkle free faces, even skin tone and thick, luxurious hair.

So what to do? Try not to focus on what we see in the mirror, but find other interests...people we can help with our knowledge and years of experiences. Volunteer, write journals, exercise, read, take a class in something you’ve wanted to do forever, travel if you you’re able. 

The wrinkles and jowls will remain. We can moan about it and make ourselves depressed about the superficial aspect of it or realize how lucky we are to be alive and have earned those signs of experience and wisdom.

Enjoy our families and friends....make new ones. Put a smile on our thinning lips instead of a frown. Aging is a part of life. Life is the key word here. Live it well instead of spending time looking for lotions and potions. 

Valued Contributor

Try Isomers, you'll be happy. I'm older then you and everytime I stray from Isomers I regret it.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet,   Give Pore Professional a try by Benefit Cosmetics.  It receives rave reviews sold at ULTA or one of their stores.  I am waiting for Laura Mercier to offer a discount (usually in Oct or Nov).  I want to purchase her Candleglow foundation.  I received a sample and it is super lightweight yet you get med to full coverage and as far as glow it was extremely faint.  I am older than you and I don't want to walk around with my face glowing in the dark!  lol   HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

As I was getting older, my hair was falling out and at one point I went completely bald. This part of aging is really hard for me to accept. I am so thankful that part of my hair grew back on it's own naturally. But it was still so embarrassingly thin and I did not want to be seen in public. I looked sick, as if I had been medically challenged. Today, with the hair lasers available, I have almost a full head of hair and I refuse to let 'aging' take this part of me away. No way. It's probably the one thing I will fight to the end. The wrinkles and sagging I can live with but I can't live with being bald... again.

Honored Contributor

There is only so much we can do with regards to aging, but the following products have helped my skin.

For wrinkles: Prescription Retin A (or you could try OTC retinol products)

For pores: Paula's Choice BHA products

PC has great customer service so they may have other anti aging product suggestions if you tell them your concerns. You can purchase samples first to see if you like the products.

Use a primer before foundation to help your makeup look better. 

Honored Contributor

I'm 75.  I'm okay with how I'm aging.   I'm guessing it's good genes ... the women (and the men) in my family have aged well.  

What helps me with sagging jowls is Facial Flex ... but I have to use it every day.  It's noticeable if I skip a day or two.

I've been using Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream for lots of years (before any wrinkles) and I'm virtually wrinkle free.   I use an Avon dual eye product when my "allergy eyes" look a bit puffy.

Pores have never been a problem, nor has been oily skin.  My hair thinned a bit on top ... but mousse and a blow dryer and hair spray takes care of that.  

Most of my friends are older than I am ... they all look pretty good.  Even the younger ones in their 60s are looking great.