Respected Contributor

Without listing all the notes of Idole, it did not work for my chemistry at all because the Musk was too screechy for me. (I have a sample) It definetly is a fresh take on Rose. I did like the opening which I got the freshness of the pear, bergamot & rose right away. As it started to develop thats when the Musk overpowered the Rose on me. Musks can be tricky because they can be harsh in some scents. On my skin it lasted 2 hrs. then became a skin scent which lasts for hours. If your looking for a fresh take on Rose & prefer a perfume that does not take over a room then Idole would be a good choice. Get a sample first....Now, the bottle is another story ha!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the wonderful description. I don't like when the vendors can't be more specific. Don't tell me that the scent will take to me another level oro that I will smell like a cloud. I like warm, spicy scents so I prefer that they get to the point to see if it will fit my preference. 

Respected Contributor

Your Welcome @Tricolor  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, I received a sample the last time I was in Ulta, about a week ago, and at first I liked it, but after about 10 minutes, I didn't like the drydown on me...So glad to have tried the sample first, because at first spray I really liked it. I was the opposite, I love Musk , but dislike Rose, and I felt thats all I could smell after a while on me.It did last though.... Get a sample first! 

Honored Contributor

I liked the samples I’d received. I thought it was a floral scent and it was similar to La Vie Est Belle. It lasted on me. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I agree its a rose dominate perfume but I do think its a modern take on Rose. I have perfumes with Musk but on me the Musk in Idole didn't agree with me. Most of the perfumes I have are not Rose dominate but I did have one that I really liked & it was called Stella by Stella Mc Cartney which is discontined but also a modern take on Rose & Stella has few notes of Mandarin, Peony, Rose Absolute & Amber. ( Fragrance Net has Stella) I do have Maison Lancome's Oud Bouquet ( the 2016 version) which is a Gormand.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  I agree its a rose dominate perfume but I do think its a modern take on Rose. I have perfumes with Musk but on me the Musk in Idole didn't agree with me. Most of the perfumes I have are not Rose dominate but I did have one that I really liked & it was called Stella by Stella Mc Cartney which is discontined but also a modern take on Rose & Stella has few notes of Mandarin, Peony, Rose Absolute & Amber. ( Fragrance Net has Stella) I do have Maison Lancome's Oud Bouquet ( the 2016 version) which is a Gormand.

@Kabella . Yes it is a very modern take on Rose, not the Rose Scents from our grandmother's days for sure! I did like that it lasts. I love La Vie Est Belle and Tresor.....Both last on me as well.

Honored Contributor

Now, the bottle is another story ha!

@Kabella 

Would you please tell us what it is about the bottle?  I just bought a bottle yesterday.  IT CAN'T STAND UP!  The bottle is so skinny it falls over when I try to sit it on my bathroom counter.  And yes, my bathroom counter is perfectly level.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Now, the bottle is another story ha!

@Kabella 

Would you please tell us what it is about the bottle?  I just bought a bottle yesterday.  IT CAN'T STAND UP!  The bottle is so skinny it falls over when I try to sit it on my bathroom counter.  And yes, my bathroom counter is perfectly level.

********************************************************************************

@monicakm  I saw you mention this on the other thread and answered there.  The bottle is not designed to stand up. It is meant to be able to slip in your pocket, purse or suitcase, somewhat like a cell phone.  It would lay flat on your vanity.  

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

Can we agree that it's a lovely fragrance?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼