Honored Contributor

Re: Lancome Tiente Idole Concealer

[ Edited ]

I tried it when Hot and Flashy first talked about it but couldn't find a good shade for me but that aside, it still didn't work for me.  I could see every bad thing about my undereyes within minutes - wrinkles every which way etc., and all my other issues.  My concealer hunt goes on...

Valued Contributor

I really do like it, the lightest cool shade is darker than my skin tone so I am working with it sort of.

libby's folly
Esteemed Contributor

I've tried the Teint Idole concealer before. It was good, but I didn't repurchase. 

I'm using the Nars Complete right now because I have it.  It's good too, but a little drying on me. I get the point of the texture because it doesn't budge.  That said, I have to mix it with something a bit more hydrating for the best look on me. Nude Stix works fine for this purpose.  I also like Laura Geller's Real Deal very much.  My favorite in my makeup case right now is Makeup Forever HD Self Setting Concealer. This stuff is amazing and at least for now when the other concealers in my case are used up the Makeup Forever might be the only thing in the case.  It's hard for me to be exclusive to one product, but I can do it.  I finally went monogamous with my brows and use nothing other than Anastasia DipBrow. 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Did you powder after you applied the concealer?

Honored Contributor

I have the Nars and Fenty concealers.  I expected to like the Nars better because of it's good reviews  but found I liked Fenty better.  I like the Lancome concealer even more.  Good thing there are so many options for us to choose from.

Respected Contributor

I have really dark hereditary circles under my eyes. I have black and white pic of my mother and she looked like she had two black eyes.  I have tried so many concealers and it always looks cakey or just does nothing or rolls into my fine lines and really looks bad.  So I just gave up.  I don't know why I got this because I don't use any of her other products but I bought Jane Iredale concealer in a pot that has a salmon color and a light color.  The light color is too light and I don't use it but the salmon color is the best I have ever used to counteract the blue/black under my eyes.  It may not be the brand, it may just be the salmon color.  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I have really dark hereditary circles under my eyes. I have black and white pic of my mother and she looked like she had two black eyes.  I have tried so many concealers and it always looks cakey or just does nothing or rolls into my fine lines and really looks bad.  So I just gave up.  I don't know why I got this because I don't use any of her other products but I bought Jane Iredale concealer in a pot that has a salmon color and a light color.  The light color is too light and I don't use it but the salmon color is the best I have ever used to counteract the blue/black under my eyes.  It may not be the brand, it may just be the salmon color.  

@chiclet   Yes, sslmon, peach, apricot shades (depending on you skin tone) acts as a corrector to cancel out some darkness. I'm hopeing you're using a tiny bit of concealer on top to help blend it into you foundation or complexion color. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

Did you powder after you applied the concealer?

I can't remember because I tried it so long ago and have tried so many since.  Usually though when trying new concealers, I try them with and without powder and other different ways I've heard about to give them a fair shot.  None have worked - drugstore or high end.  I'm not willing to continue to try concealers and waste my money

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Dang, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with this.  What works for some doesn't work work for others.  Personally, I only powder just under my bottom lashes from one corner to the other.  I don't powder my crinklies that sit on top of my cheekbones.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

I tried it when Hot and Flashy first talked about it but couldn't find a good shade for me but that aside, it still didn't work for me.  I could see every bad thing about my undereyes within minutes - wrinkles every which way etc., and all my other issues.  My concealer hunt goes on...

@JudyL , I didn't like it either.  At all.  I am a mostly drugstore person but decided to give this a try because so many people were raving about it.

I should have known better than to try a concealer raved about by someone who has no undereye dark circles, like Angie.  I also saw other YT'bers demo it and on a few of them who actually did have circles, I wasn't impressed with their under eye area. 

I had a good shade match but it did little to nothing to conceal my dark circles.  My ELF hydrating camo concealer, Milani Conceal + Perfect and CoverGirl Trublend Undercover Concealer all work way better for me.   

Have you ever tried Patrick Starr's O/S concealer?  I have seen this one put up against the Teint Idole and most have said the O/S provides better coverage.