Respected Contributor

Re: Lancome Skincare- Opinions Please

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think you're paying for advertising and packaging and not getting anything better than you can elsewhere. In fact, I think you CAN do better elsewhere -- for example, you can get excellent skincare from Paula's Choice that is not fragranced, that doesn't include irritants, is cruelty-free, and is moderately priced in comparison. There are other

companies as well.

I was going to say the above.  

I like anything Lancome makes as far as makeup.  For skincare I like PC. 

Honored Contributor

L'Oreal Youth Code is a dupe for Genifique.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

L'Oreal Youth Code is a dupe for Genifique.

Ding! It jut hit me why L'Oréal  skin care is fragranced - owned  by same company. Makes sense 

Honored Contributor

I use and love the Absolute Bx Daytime Moisturizer; magic under my foundation, hydrates beautifully....just love it. The scent isn't over the top and it hydrates like nothing else. It also plays very nicely with my SKINN products. The eyemakeup remover (the one you shake) is something I use off and on; no complaints. 

Trusted Contributor

You can check out reviews for Lancome & other brands at Beautypedia.  I love Paula's Choice products and have been using them since 1995.  Fragrance-free, no animal testing, no jar packaging, etc. 

Super Contributor

Very heavily scented.
Regular Contributor

To me Lancome skincare is way overpriced and hyped.  There is way too much fragrance and none of their cutting edge ingredients are actually proven to work like vitamin A (retinol products), AHA's and BHA's.  Also look at the amount of alcohol they use in their products.  I think they shine in the make-up department but fall way short on skincare. 

Valued Contributor

The really heavy perfumes in all of their skincare products was the deal breaker for me years ago.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tried for several months. Way too heavily scented and made me break out. No thank you. 

Contributor

Thank you to all of you that gave me your opinions on Lancome skincare!!!!   I have decided not to go with Lancome and instead buy their color products when I need mascara or lipstick.