Contributor

Lancome Skincare- Opinions Please

I am thinking of changing to Lancome skincare for my combination skin.  What does everyone think about Lancome's skincare?  Please share your opinions.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lancome Skincare- Opinions Please

I think you're paying for advertising and packaging and not getting anything better than you can elsewhere. In fact, I think you CAN do better elsewhere -- for example, you can get excellent skincare from Paula's Choice that is not fragranced, that doesn't include irritants, is cruelty-free, and is moderately priced in comparison. There are other

companies as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

When I was very young woman working downtown, I often ran into those fancy department stores full of pretty Lancome and other brands.

I was lured in by very classy, pretty Lancome jars and bottles so much! Very nice presentation and, of course, most beautiful model faces chosen to represent Lancome, always.... I loved to get those pretty boxes with "Gift with Purchase", they made me happy....

Today, for my money, I want to get totally different things from my skincare, other than beautiful models on ads, and established brand name.

I do not want to be paying for this. I may get a lipstick or eyeshadow from them, only maybe. But even their makeup is not first on my list to buy any longer, there are better brands today.

Skin care, no.  Not Lancome. My skincare is Isomers. True bang for my buck, that produces real results I want.

Respected Contributor

We are on vacation and I bought a couple Lancôme deluxe samples with that I have never tried before. Creamy foaming cleanser and Renergie Lift cream. I am surprised they are so perfumey. They are no better than my Cerave. I would not repurchase. 

Respected Contributor

@BarbZoee wrote:

I am thinking of changing to Lancome skincare for my combination skin.  What does everyone think about Lancome's skincare?  Please share your opinions.  Thank you.

I don't know if it is still that way but I remember everything had so much fragrance in it.

For some people it doesn't bother them but if that is an issue you might want to choose another brand.

Contributor

I've tried some of the products. For me its over priced and ddin't get any results. The perfume in my opinion isn't any better, very strong for me. 

Frequent Contributor

Sorry to say, I agree with all the above, I did buy a tsv from the other channel thinking from all the hoopla it would do wonderful things to my late-50 skin...alas not. Filed that away as lesson learned. 

Respected Contributor

Out of the many Lancome products I've tried, to date my favorites still are the Definicils mascara and the Bifacils (non oily) eye makeup remover.  Their eyeshadows are nice as well.  I have purchased Tresor and La Vie est Belle.  I found I tired of both scents quickly, and after a while, I found them too heavy.  My preference is a lighter, floral scent.

Valued Contributor

way too fragrance - which our skin certainly does not need- and way over priced.  I used Lancôme for awhile, but encountered more skin irritation.  I only buy their lipsticks and mascara these days!  Good luck if you do try it!

Respected Contributor

The best products in this line for skincare are a new line called Energie en Vie; lighter, less perfumed.

I tried and liked the Pearley, Smooth Lotion (Energie en Vie) which is hydrating. Makes a nice base for foundation.

I do not care for their fragrances and the Visionaire/Genifique treatment lines flare my rosacea. The Galatee cleanser is good for very dry skin; Absolue is their premier products @ $$.

Lancome mascaras are excellent!!! The lipsticks are better, in mho, than Estee Lauder-not as perfumed, good colors.

This may be a good opportunity to try some things and opt to purchase the Christmas gift w/color cosmetics or fragrances.