Honored Contributor

Re: Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara!

Even being Platinum doesn't matter either! @winamac1

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@winamac1I am excited to try this.  If it is hard to remove, I hope Micellar water will work.  I use it to remove even the most stubborn mascara and it works well.

Respected Contributor

I think my Ulta sample was a Platinum reward coupon, and usually by the time I go in to redeem one of these they are all gone.  

However, for this one I went in the same day and that's how I got one, but I waited weeks to give it a try as many times mascara bothers my eyes.  So far this one agrees with my sensitive eyes, but time will tell.

Trusted Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Even being Platinum doesn't matter either! @winamac1

@JustJazzmom  I hear you!  I am Platinum as well..  not only are there no samples but they send me emails occasionally for free items, small sample sizes because I am platimum status  and when I get there 9 times out of 10 they dont have it. 

Valued Contributor

I ordered this from Hsn and got a notice today it shipped today...Looks like they are the first to get these.

Respected Contributor

@BarbiHollywood  I really wanted my hair cut like Dorothy Hamill!  I remember that the stylist convinced my mom that it would be too hard to keep up so I didn't get it!   

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper

This is for sale now on the other channel.

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper

This is for sale now on the other channel.

@@Yes!! Thank you for the heads up @fluffysmom!

Respected Contributor

I got this as a birthday gift from Ulta last month. I finished the one I was using and used this one every day this week. I am probably in the minority but I did not like this mascara at all. First of all, it has a fairly large brush and I find I don't have the same control as with a skinnier brush. Secondly, I found the consistency very "gloppy" and it made my lashes clump together. It took a lot of messing with a clean spoolie to separate them and get them settled into a reasonable position. I'm glad most people like this mascara but I threw mine in the trash and started a tube of Maybelline Soft n Full mascara this morning. I don't have all that time when I'm getting ready for work in the morning to spend messing with mascara. I guess I'll be saving some money!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:

I got this as a birthday gift from Ulta last month. I finished the one I was using and used this one every day this week. I am probably in the minority but I did not like this mascara at all. First of all, it has a fairly large brush and I find I don't have the same control as with a skinnier brush. Secondly, I found the consistency very "gloppy" and it made my lashes clump together. It took a lot of messing with a clean spoolie to separate them and get them settled into a reasonable position. I'm glad most people like this mascara but I threw mine in the trash and started a tube of Maybelline Soft n Full mascara this morning. I don't have all that time when I'm getting ready for work in the morning to spend messing with mascara. I guess I'll be saving some money!

I am definitely in the minority too.  I thought it was just "ok".  I didn't think I got the volumizing I want.  It's not a bad mascara, but I read so many fantastic reviews.  I wanted to LOVE it and buy it on the Nordstrom sale.  No go...It doesn't seem too hard to remove, but it's just not giving me the volume I want.

I like several other mascaras better, and hypnose drama is better.

It wasn't super easy to remove, but it's not as hard to remove as Benefit "they're real" or Chanel "le volume" or Too Faced "BTSM".  I love that Too Faced one, but it's really hard to get off.

The girl who gave me the Lancome sample told me it would change my life...lol...not so much.  Woman LOL

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"