Honored Contributor

Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara!

I received a tiny sample of this Lancôme mascara from an HSN purchase.  I usually never even notice samples, I just throw them away, but this little black tube caught my eye.  It's amazing!!

I've been very happy with my slim brush Maybelline Lash Discovery, but....(note: everywhere I looked to try to buy it, it says "coming soon"):

*  this brush is not slim, it's thick and full 

*   the formula is creamy -- glides on like butta, and somehow stays on the lashes but does not clump at all

*  the brush really envelopes each eyelash because I have very little mascara to dab off my lids (even the tiny brush of Lash Discovery left much more mascara on my lids)

*  lengthens my lashes, but with no spider legs look

*  it does not get hard -- I use two coats and the 2nd coat never feels like I'm applying it over brittle wood shavings. This is so smooth and glides on 

*  Stays smooth all day, but does not smudge off

I will be stalking this mascara for the date it's actually on sale.  Love it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara!

@Caaareful Shopper I read about this mascara, and I too am anxious to try it. I do like Lancome's Hypnose mascara a lot and I have found for me I prefer a big fat mascara brush, so hoping to try this one soon. I believe it is supposed to be out sometime in July.........

Honored Contributor

Nordstrom during their summer sale will have some Lancôme Mascara set being sold and there will be Mr. Big as part of it -- sample maybe or actual sized one?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

I got a mini of this as my birthday present from Ulta and I agree - - - it's fabulous mascara!

Respected Contributor

Does it come in a waterproof formula?  Otherwise, my lashes will droop.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Does it come in a waterproof formula?  Otherwise, my lashes will droop.

@pommom Not that I've seen, but perhaps it will when it's finally launched.

Honored Contributor

oh no.....just what i need......another lancome mascara. LOL

they are ALL good, but my favorite is the GRANDIOSE. i love it in the colors also.

i will definitely be trying the new one. thank you for the heads up. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper   Saw your post and my thoughts are the same.  I got a sample from Ulta two weeks ago.  I tend to be a bit of a mascara snob and rarely ever get drugstore makeup except to just try whatever the newest ones are.  Among my faves are Bobbi Brown and Lancome, but this new Lancome mascara is probably THE absolute best I've ever tried.  It comes out later in July (I think that's what the Lancome girl said), and I hope they have a special promo so I can stock up.  This one is goooood.

Just looked on the 'other' shopping channel.  They offer a pre-order.  Mascara is $25 and free shipping.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   Saw your post and my thoughts are the same.  I got a sample from Ulta two weeks ago.  I tend to be a bit of a mascara snob and rarely ever get drugstore makeup except to just try whatever the newest ones are.  Among my faves are Bobbi Brown and Lancome, but this new Lancome mascara is probably THE absolute best I've ever tried.  It comes out later in July (I think that's what the Lancome girl said), and I hope they have a special promo so I can stock up.  This one is goooood.

Just looked on the 'other' shopping channel.  They offer a pre-order.  Mascara is $25 and free shipping.

@BarbiHollywood You're the best! Thank you for the heads up!

Respected Contributor

HSN has it on their website with free shipping.