Honored Contributor

Lancome Idole Perfume (The Bottle)

I just bought a bottle yesterday.  IT CAN'T STAND UP!  The bottle is so skinny and unbalanced that it falls over when I try to sit it on my bathroom counter.  And yes, my bathroom counter is perfectly level.  A dud or are they all like this?

Respected Contributor

Re: Lancome Idole Perfume (The Bottle)

I will not purchase this fragrance for that very reason. I saw it demonstrated on HSN. I enjoy my perfume bottles for their beauty as much as the fragrance. 

Honored Contributor

Defective comes to mind.  If the perfume bottle can't stand up straight, it definitely is defective.   If you really love the perfume keep it otherwise return it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee 

They demo'ed it on tv with the bottle not standing up? LOL

Honored Contributor

I like the fragrance but I won't keep it because it won't stand up Smiley Surprised  I'll return it for another and have the SA open the box (if she's allowed) to test the bottle.  If she can't, I'll just return it.  I'm not fond of the looks of the bottle even if it did stand up.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm   Yes, on HSN.....it was sometime back. The bottle was laying on its side. Odd. I purchase my perfume for the bottle presentation as much as the fragrance itself so this was a complete NO for me. 

Valued Contributor

The bottle isn't meant to stand up.  Think of it more like your cell phone, you can slip it in anywhere. If it is out on your vanity it is intended to be laying down.  It was designed by Chafik Gasmi, he envisioned something you could hold in the palm of your hand, lay it flat or slip it into a pocket or handbag.  

libby's folly
Trusted Contributor

I believe the bottle is supposed to lay down, not stand up. Sorry if someone already said this.

Honored Contributor

What? LOL  A flat wide bottle of perfume meant to lay down  on it's flat side.  That's hideous (imo).  Sure wish the SA would have warned me.  At least the little sample bottle stands up.  However, I really do like the fragrance and even tho I display my bottles on my counter, I'm going to keep this one and I guess just keep it in a drawer.  Thanks for the heads-up ladies!  I'm too old to expect the unexpected Smiley Surprised

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi @monicakm  You could purchase a mini-plate stand to display it. Just a thought.