Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,836
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?

I am really on the fence with this one.

Even with sensitive skin adding enough water the scrub has not been that bad on my skin, the cleanser is fine nothing crazy amazing in my opinion and every time I try to use the cream I end up with little pimples, couple "snappers" and even a fairly good pimple (I do not get pimples really anymore) and even after dropping the cream for a week this still seems to be happeing so it might be something in one of the cleansing products.

 

I plan to start using Differin soon for anti aging, I worry that the scrub may be to harsh to use with the Retinol.  I am really considering returning, i know it's an amazing value but I'm not seeing any positive improvements at all, didnt' expect miracles but my skin doesn't look "happy" at all right now.

 

Wanted to hear what other people are thinking  Smiley Happy  Happy Valentine's Day! <3

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 105
Registered: ‎05-09-2010

Re: Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?

I sent mine back.  The Nourish cream smelled so bad, I couldn't stand it.  I loved the Cleasnser and Polish.  I have sensitive skin and only used it two to three times a week as recommended by Dr. Lancer.  I couldn't justify the price since I wasn't using the Nourish.  It had a really strong, musty, mildewy oder that lingered all day.  I even contacted a rep from Lancer's regarding the odor.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,836
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?


@Priss wrote:

I sent mine back.  The Nourish cream smelled so bad, I couldn't stand it.  I loved the Cleasnser and Polish.  I have sensitive skin and only used it two to three times a week as recommended by Dr. Lancer.  I couldn't justify the price since I wasn't using the Nourish.  It had a really strong, musty, mildewy oder that lingered all day.  I even contacted a rep from Lancer's regarding the odor.


If you go to Nordstrom the price for just the Cleanser & Polish is 220.00 just for the polish and nourish and if you were to buy the cleanser and polish in the TSV sizes you would pay a lot more than 125, if you liked the two products it still would have been a value even if you tossed the nourish.  Hope you find something else you love, let us know!!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,268
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?

So far I like it.  I use it almost every day.  No complaints or problems.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,986
Registered: ‎07-25-2013

Re: Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?

Sandgirl,

 

If you decide to keep it,  I would cut back on the scrub to 2 or 3 times a week until your face and neck become use to it.  I too, started out too agressively and now all is great.  I don't find my cream to smell bad at all.  You still have a couple of weeks before you would have to send it back.  I really am having good results.

Would love to know what you decide and A very Happy Valentine's Day as well!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,836
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?


@weezer111 wrote:

Sandgirl,

 

If you decide to keep it,  I would cut back on the scrub to 2 or 3 times a week until your face and neck become use to it.  I too, started out too agressively and now all is great.  I don't find my cream to smell bad at all.  You still have a couple of weeks before you would have to send it back.  I really am having good results.

Would love to know what you decide and A very Happy Valentine's Day as well!


@weezer111  Maybe I should cut back on the scrub some, do you still use the cleanser on the other days though? I keep telling myself that maybe it will just take time and maybe it's just clearing gunk out or something? I'll wait at least another 7-10 days and then decide if it should go back or not, compared to other retail it was such a great deal too

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,986
Registered: ‎07-25-2013

Re: Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?

Sandgirl,  

I had the same reaction you had as I did both each day.  Then I remembered them saying that you need to ease into the scrub.  I still use the cleanser everyday and am working my skin up to the scrub more often.  I also took their advice and mixed scrub with cleanser to get adjusted.  I really feel like this line does something, as I am one to try so many lines with the only result being clean and moisturized skin.  I wanted to take it a few steps further.  

Keep me posted!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,605
Registered: ‎05-18-2017

Re: Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?

[ Edited ]

I ordered a generous sample of the Polish from Ebay.  I've being using it 3 times a week and I really do like the results.  If I do anything, I may try to just purchase the Polish instead of the trio.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,873
Registered: ‎10-30-2010

Re: Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?

I purchased and I am just fine with it. I polish three days a week in the morning, use the face wash every morning, and the Nourish on the days' that I polish since I am using up another moisturizer. I have read where other people are complaining of the odor but I do not smell anything. I love how soft my skin feels after use.

 

This is a keeper for me. I am glad that I am on Auto Delivery. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,614
Registered: ‎09-01-2010

Re: Lancer previous TSV - How is everyone doing with it?


@weezer111 wrote:

Sandgirl,  

I had the same reaction you had as I did both each day.  Then I remembered them saying that you need to ease into the scrub.  I still use the cleanser everyday and am working my skin up to the scrub more often.  I also took their advice and mixed scrub with cleanser to get adjusted.  I really feel like this line does something, as I am one to try so many lines with the only result being clean and moisturized skin.  I wanted to take it a few steps further.  

Keep me posted!


@weezer111 

 

So you mix the scrub with the cleanser before applying to your face? I've tried to find the video of the on air presentation when the Method was the TSV so I can see a complete presentation of how to use the products but it isn't available. The video that is for the discovery kit that I purchased really doesn't have much useful information...

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb