Trusted Contributor

Lancer...What am I not seeing??

Okay.....I've watched many of the presentations, and I've tried to keep an open mind. I'm truly looking for something to help my old 63 year old skin.....and I want to say this in the kindest way possible.....

What am I not seeing? Maybe I'm the only one, but the before and after pictures, to me, truly don't look any different....am I blind and just not seeing what the host/vendor see? They keep talking about the luminosity, the deep wrinkles, the age spots in the before....and then they seem to gush over the afters....but I'm not seeing it. Seriously....I see very little....and honestly...no difference....do I just need glasses? I was really excited and hoping to try this brand, but I feel like I'm just not seeing it....anyone else?

Honored Contributor

Re: Lancer...What am I not seeing??

[ Edited ]

I'm not excited about some of the ingredients as well. Some of it I would not use on my skin. But that's me. Maybe fine for others.

...and just as a side note...

He's a Beverly Hills dermatologist providing customers with expensive products. Seems like you pay for the name. I prefer to look at ingredients. Good skincare products do not have to cost so much.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes    The imperceptible difference between the 'befores' and 'afters' seems to be the norm in TV cosmetic sales.  Then the host tries to convince you you're crazy, there really is a huge difference.  After a lot of hype, it seems many women believe it.

Truthfully, no cosmetic will remove wrinkles, only temporarily soften the skin.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I hate before and afters.  They destroy all hope.  If they look really good I figure they've been photo-shopped..

Respected Contributor

Your seeing what I see.  Just another over-priced skin care line.

Respected Contributor

@grandma petes You are not missing seeing anything!   A wise woman I know always said it was DNA.    (Do Not Attempt) to fool me.

Honored Contributor

There are people in this Beauty forum who love that brand. They have an ongoing thread about their adventures and they seem to be having a great time. And they seem to like their results.

Goes to show that what works for one person doesn't for another person. If you really really like your exfoliation and your skin responds well to a lot of it, this could be a good brand for you. That's just not me. Take care, though. You may be attacked for your temerity @grandma petes.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@grandma petes  I totally agree!  I was watching the TSV last night and I told my husband I did not see any difference at all. Pretty pricy for something that doesn't look like it even works! 

Honored Contributor

Way too much "polishing" of the skin for me. My face would be a wreck. 
i honestly never see differences in any b and a photos of any brand though on these shows. 

Respected Contributor

The blonde Lancer vendor, former Full House actress, she doesn't look good. Maybe it's my tv but her skin looks terrible. Splotchy skin, dark circles under her eyes. Hair is a mess. 

The brunette vendor looks good.