Respected Contributor

What is everyone's opinion on dermapeel vs Lancer's polish , the one thing i don't care for in dermapeel is the large amount of peppermint , totally unnecessary in a facial product , to make you feel it is really doing something extra.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lancer Method vs Skinn .

I have both and agree, I prefer Lancer because of the reason you stated. The menthol is pretty strong.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa 

I've used both and prefer Lancer's Polish. The texture is finer than the Derma Peel, with smaller grains, if you may. The results are more impressive and much more effective for me. It was one of those OMG moments when I first tried it in a Method kit. I have tried many, many products over the years that have failed to impress me with results like this for my skin. The closest comparison for me would be Isomers 3 pc Microdermabrasion kit. I'm in my late 60's with normal to dry skin. No specific sensitivities either. My face feels deeply cleansed with each use and moist without any redness, dryness or stripped feeling after using. The Polish leaves my skin soft, ,supple, moist and clean. This product and the line itself has truly been a light bulb moment and a very positive skin care change for me and my skin. I do acknowledge trying other products in my regime but find Lancer to be my mainstay, go to, preference. Their Cleanse facial cleanser is another ah ha product which I truly also adore. Again a very high quality product with stellar results. I especially love the moist suppleness I see and feel using their products.

I understand what you're saying about the mint in the Skinn product.

Honored Contributor

When I use the Skinn product at my sink, i am fine with it, but if I use it in a hot shower, once the menthol, mint and the shower steam mix, I can barely breathe, my lungs just start to fill up once I apply it to my face. . 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@MW in Iowa 

I've used both and prefer Lancer's Polish. The texture is finer than the Derma Peel, with smaller grains, if you may. The results are more impressive and much more effective for me. It was one of those OMG moments when I first tried it in a Method kit. I have tried many, many products over the years that have failed to impress me with results like this for my skin. The closest comparison for me would be Isomers 3 pc Microdermabrasion kit. I'm in my late 60's with normal to dry skin. No specific sensitivities either. My face feels deeply cleansed with each use and moist without any redness, dryness or stripped feeling after using. The Polish leaves my skin soft, ,supple, moist and clean. This product and the line itself has truly been a light bulb moment and a very positive skin care change for me and my skin. I do acknowledge trying other products in my regime but find Lancer to be my mainstay, go to, preference. Their Cleanse facial cleanser is another ah ha product which I truly also adore. Again a very high quality product with stellar results. I especially love the moist suppleness I see and feel using their products.

I understand what you're saying about the mint in the Skinn product.

Thanks for input , i ordered TSV first thing this morning , at that price can't be beat , do wish it came with a 1/2 oz of caviar lime peel , but they did good on pricing . You think cleanser is that good ? I think the duo is a good price. But agree a pump would be nice , not big fan of cleansers in tubes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa 

I do think the cleanser is that good!

It really works for me. It's creamy,  deep cleans really well without redness or a dry stripped feeling after using. I love how it leaves my face moist and supple. This is the best cleanser I've ever used. There have been many I've tried, none with such a positive result. I've tried the ceamy drugstore or derm Dr's rec's in the past and although they feel good, my face isn't clean. "Stronger" products have left me queaky clean but dry, red and often irritated afterwards. I like that squeaky skin feeling but not at the expense of striping my skin of its essentials and hurting. Here, using the Cleanse, I am thoroughly cleansed and still feel very moist and very supple. It's the best of both, gentle yet a deep and good cleanse. I use the Polish first, as recommended, followed by the Cleanse, then moisturize (Nourish). I notice my face stays moisturized, plump and juicy for the whole day or even longer if I commit the mortal skincare sin of falling asleep without washing up in the evening. (It happens 🤭)

Another knock your socks off product is the Lancers Vit C serum.  Oh my, pure luxury!!! Your face feels like velvet, not that mine is rough, and it plumps up my wrinkles. Especially on my forehead, for the whole day. I can feel and see the change. Never have experienced such a visual change. I love this stuff! It's on sale now too and you only need a small amount. I notice all my Lancer products fit under "a little goes a long way" category. Check it out if you aren't using a similar product in your regime. It's  totally fabulous.  

Last time Lancer had a tsv the Caviar Lime Acid Peel was offered at a reduced price. It appears that they rotate product with reduced pricing with the tsv's. This is another great product. Sounds like you may have already tried it and like it too.

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much , i have so much cleanser in reserve , that  i hate stuff to go to waste. But that is quite a testimony. Have you used Tatcha rice wash ?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa 

No, haven't used Tatcha's rice wash just their polish.

I've had alot of cleansers too. But if I wasn't happy with my cleansing/face results I'll use them in the shower mixed with scrubs, cleaned makeup brushes or gave them away. If you're happy with yours, that's great. At least you'll get a 2 oz tube to try with your tsv. I'd love to hear how you like it when it arrives.

What are your favorite cleansers?

Respected Contributor

I have everything from Dr denese , purity , a lot of Cerave , all very good , i was going to order Tatcha rice wash , if i don't order the Lancer , cleansers are like shampooos for me , i like to switch off a lot. I think i used Purity for years.