Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Lancôme Visionnaire and Génifique Serum - Any users?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have tried both of these products. Genefique broke me out something horrible.  I ended up with huge cystic acne all over my chin within a couple of days.

Visionnaire had such a strong scent to it, I used it once and that was enough for me.   

@Lipstickdiva  THANK YOU - Ya, I'm trying to delte this post, Shelbelle sorta made me think again, I know the cones and fragrance will do the same thing to me. THANK YOU for your reply

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I am "thinking" about trying these, all my skin care is just about out and with the crazy year we have had I have not bought anything new.

I just want my skin to look decent again, it's just dull and I'm really seeing the sun spots and uneven skin tone. The only that that worries me about lancome is the fragrance and "cones" since my pores do clog easlily.

I'm curious if you use these and if you have seen results with them?

Also, if you have other suggestions that would help with what I mentioned by all means please share - Thank you!!

@SandGirl   IMHO, makeup companies are not great for skincare. I'd look for a simple routine that includes a mild cleanser, Vit. C serum (exfoliates and does fade spots over time), a good non-oily SPF, so the work you're doing for your skin stays clear and a moisturizer without a lot of extra, unnecessary ingredients. Add a retinol if you're not using Retin A (prescription strength from your derm). You can add an acid pad (PTR) or an acid in your cleanser or separately (try Paula's Choice). 

Good skincare is important, but isn't expensive and you read ingredients carefully. Lancome is highly fragranced, as is most skincare from cosmetic lines and in my opinion is a lot of hype. 

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Paula's Choice since 1995.  It contains no fragrance/coloring, no animal testing and not in jars (which is a no no).  Products are guaranteed for 90 days. 

Also google Beautypedia for reviews on drug store/dept store and products sold online.  There are some very good products and unfortunately the two Lancome products you mentioned are not one of them.

Honored Contributor

I have recently tried a few new things.  I have old, oily combo skin that is oily but can get dry sometimes depending on what I use. 

I have always used Estee Lauder Night Repair and will always I guess keep doing that.  

I recently bought a $29 starter kit of Shiseido from Macy's and LOVE the serum in it.  It is Ultimune--and it isn't cheap but I bought bigger containers on sale.  It spreads great, feels great, and my face looks good after using it.  I have had NO reactions from it in a couple of weeks of use.

Shiseido and Macy's have the little trial kits that are very nice from $29 and up. 

I have tried the Lancome Genifique and wasn't happy with it--I don't remember specifics. 

I also use a Clinique gel for moisture under my eyes-- creams don't work for me there but I found this gel version that doesn't make my eye puffy--a bonus review!  LOL!!

Respected Contributor

The last new face item I tried was Josie Marans " Milk" ... my

skin loved it and soaked it up like a sponge .....

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl  - I've been using Genefique now for about 8 plus years.  It makes my skin very smooth.  I remember I once stopped briefly, but noticed the difference so I went back to using it again.  I'll always use Genefique.

I buy mine from HSN w/free shipping when they have specials.  

Respected Contributor

I use Lancome Genifique and love it.......it is expensive but worth it in my opinion.

Makes my skin as smooth as silk.

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I am "thinking" about trying these, all my skin care is just about out and with the crazy year we have had I have not bought anything new.

I just want my skin to look decent again, it's just dull and I'm really seeing the sun spots and uneven skin tone. The only that that worries me about lancome is the fragrance and "cones" since my pores do clog easlily.

I'm curious if you use these and if you have seen results with them?

Also, if you have other suggestions that would help with what I mentioned by all means please share - Thank you!!

Visionnaire has A LOT of fragrance, I've ordered it a couple of times to try it but can't get past the VERY heavy fragrance.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have tried both of these products. Genefique broke me out something horrible.  I ended up with huge cystic acne all over my chin within a couple of days.

Visionnaire had such a strong scent to it, I used it once and that was enough for me.   

I'm beginning to think the same is true for me, @Lipstickdiva. I'm all over the place with the products I use at night...I know that's not good but it's what I do. So, I only throw the Genefique in here and there. But I swear it gives me breakouts that I don't usually have. Hard to prove it but I think it's true. In fact, I was just going to come and post a question about this when I searched the forums for Genefique and found this thread. So, @SandGirl, don't delete it and thanks for starting it. I hate to chunk this bottle of product. Maybe I should make an effort to use it on consecutive nights and prove if it's the culprit with my breakouts. I had enough of those in my teens and don't need them at 65!!!!!     

Esteemed Contributor

I buy quite a bit of makeup from Lancome and frequently make these purchases when they are having a promotion at one of the department stores where you receive a gift of sample size products.  This has been how I've tried many of the Lancome skincare products and usually, the skincare is irritating to my skin. All of it has a strong smell too that I don't find pleasant.  I do know some people who are totally devoted to Lancome's skincare and have used it for years.  One, in particular, swears by Genifique.  My perception of her appearance is that it works for her, but the results haven't made her complexion look extremely different.  That said, being reasonable "extremely different" would be an unrealistic expectation.