Esteemed Contributor

Lady Gaga's new cosmetic line

Anyone here interested in buying or trying Lady Gaga's new cosmetic line? It will be an Amazon only exclusive available on Amazon Prime Day.

From Retail Dive:

https://www.retaildive.com/news/lady-gaga-to-debut-beauty-line-on-prime-day/558464/

Nope. I am not interested in her theatrical aesthetic when it comes to makeup. I don't doubt that she has a massive fan base who will buy her cosmetics though.

I do recommend going to the free Lady Gaga museum at the Park MGM resort on the Las Vegas strip. There are lots of her costumes from various tours and events like the recent Met Gala. You can get a close look at the costumes and accessories like her telephone hat and armadillo McQueen shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga's new cosmetic line

I couldn't think how to express her look which would prevent me from buying her line. But TY1 worded it perfectly...it's her 'theatrical aesthetic' that does not appeal to me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

never have and never will buy a celebs line of anything based on their being a celeb. i do use some of josie maran skin care but it is not based on her celebrity.   

Honored Contributor

This one I think could be cool. I'll be paying attention to it at least. If reviews are good and quality is solid, if something caught my imagination I would try it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I am interested in any line that is cruelty free and vegan Not because it is Gaga....even though I dorespect  her tremendous talent, I don't buy an item because of celebrity backing.  I will take a look at the product because of my ethical treatment of animals.

Honored Contributor

Nope. Because it's not HER line; it's a line that is probably already out on the market with a few tweaks, different bottles and boxes, made by the same lab that makes others just like it EXCEPT with her name slapped on it so she can cash in on celebrity stuff.

Honored Contributor

Fenty is a good makeup line created by a celebrity: Rihanna. Not all celebrity makeup and skincare lines are awful. Although many definitely are. I think it matters how well managed and committed to quality the companies are.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I just read an article stated that “Pigment is the focus of the brand.”

Wonder if her target demo will be those in entertainment and/or 

part of the LGBTQ+ community? 

Also...at the end of her video introducing the brand,

she uses the tagline, “Battle For Your Life”.

That’s VERY reminiscent of RuPaul’s Drag Race.

At the elimination section of the program,

RuPaul states, ”Lip-Sync For Your Life!’

The similarities are quite pronounced.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain For those that can use it, yes. Nothing is pale enough, her face makeup is horrible for dry skin and her colors use glitter. She definitely has a target audience. All that said, I do wonder how involved she or any celebrity truly is in the manufacturing of their products. I don't follow her so I don't know. If she is, kudos to her. She is a rarity.

Honored Contributor

The first thing I thought of when you mentioned her name is, I would not want to look like her.  I don't find her to be an attractive woman so she can keep her makeup.

kindness is strength