Honored Contributor

Ladies with THICK hair

[ Edited ]

I saw this shampoo and thought I would share with you.  It is suppose to strengthen and calm thick hair.  The fragrance it has sounds wonderful.  One thing I like about Nordstrom is if this does not perform you can return it.  You will find it under Beauty on Nordstrom website under shampoo.  There is a conditioner too, if needed.  I do not have thick hair but I was thinking of you ladies that do with summer coming.  It is also color-safe.  Read the second thread following this one for more info. below.

This shampoo also comes in Fine and Medium but are not available at this time (sold out).

OUAI Thick Shampoo, Main, color, NO COLOR

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Here's more information on it.

What it is: This color-safe shampoo strengthens and calms thick hair.

What it does: It's an incredible do-it-all formula that tackles the most common concerns for your hair type. This rich, moisturizing shampoo strengthens and calms thick hair with keratin, smoothing marshmallow root, shea butter and avocado oil to fight frizz from the start. It's scented with Mercer Street, a rose fragrance with notes of Italian lemon, jasmine and white musk.

How to use: Apply to hair and rinse thoroughly.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

OMG!  I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO!!!  

Been using since early May and it is truly amazing.  Not only is the fragrance TDF, but for the first time EVER, I do not have frizzy hair.  Salt & pepper and we all know that gray hair has a mind of its own.  Tames my hair leaving it shiny and clean with only one lathering.  Simply cannot say enough about the excellent quality of this shampoo.  

Note:  have tried tons of shampoos claiming to do what this one does and even invested in microfiber head wraps to use immediately after shampooing to keep the frizz to a minimum.  Nope.  So happy I discovered this shampoo during a ramdom advertisement on youtube.   

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 , this is actually on my list to get. I have their oil which is really nice. I appreciate companies that have products specific to each hair type. Not many companies offer shampoos that specifically say for thick hair. 

Trusted Contributor

Shame it has keratin. For those whose hair does not need/can not tolerate additional protein, keratin is no-no.

The Quai line is a fantastic line, have to say. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Contributor

Thanks ,I have gazillion shampoos that I've tried ,I guess one more won't hurt,I have  very very thick hair, i I'm thankful that it isn't thin,but sometimes I think about a buzz cut ,l get so feed up , I have a trick I've found for not having a lot of frizz,I use an old tee shirt,then wrap a towel or other things around it,it really helps,any girls with thick hair have any tricks or cuts that work ,share it please

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of hair but it is very fine and reacts badly to humidity. My stylist tells me to rub a drop of oil in my palms and lightly touch the areas that need taming. People compliment me on my hair all the time. I don't like anything weighing down my hair but I let him do it. It's not sold on his salon and I don't remember the brand.

Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Shame it has keratin. For those whose hair does not need/can not tolerate additional protein, keratin is no-no.

The Quai line is a fantastic line, have to say. 

@FiddleDeeDee , after reading the reviews on Sephora I am passing ont his. Many with dry hair said that it dried their hair even more. It might be due to the protein in it. I know my stylist has told me to watch using products with protein in it.

Honored Contributor

So protien products + dry hair is not good?

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor  I got 2 free samples of Ouai shampoo & conditoner with an order from Sephora & I found it to be drying & I have a normal scalp. I am hoping that I like the Fable & Mane Shampoo, conditoner & hair mask discovery kit. I got the full size pre-wash oil that I would use as once a wk. oil scalp treatment, leave it on for hours then wash out. Excellent reviews! but who knows lol! I just got an e-mail that the full size shampoo is in stock but it seems to sell out quickly. They also moved up delivery to the 22nd.