Contributor

Re: Ladies who own the Nuface, what else can use besides the Nuface Primer Gel?

On 1/11/2014 LuvMyBoxer said:
On 1/11/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Agree w/Carribbean Candy -- lots of people use aloe gel and I used it last night. Another poster said she used a moisture mist with aloe. I asked her the name of the product but I haven't found the thread yet to see if she responded. If she did, I'll come back and let you know. I'd love not to use any gel -- I get it all over everything! :-0

EDIT -- nope, no response about the moisture mist yet, darn it!

I just posted on the other thread, but it's Mario Badescu's facial mist. It works great for me and there is no sticky product or residue to rinse off when you're done.

Thanks for the advice!!

Frequent Contributor

I'm following this as well, because I do not like the gel. I love what the NuFace is doing, but that gel gave me a giant zit!!! Not cute!!

I need to switch to all natural aloe, so I'm hoping to see some more posts on gel recommendations as well.

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2014 knittybitty said:

I'm following this as well, because I do not like the gel. I love what the NuFace is doing, but that gel gave me a giant zit!!! Not cute!!

I need to switch to all natural aloe, so I'm hoping to see some more posts on gel recommendations as well.

I've tried aloe, and I really don't like that, either! It's just the hassle of putting it on and removing it, and keeping it moist, and...

I ordered the Mario Badescu mist that LuvMyBoxer said she uses and likes. VERY reasonable $$$ ! I will be thrilled if I find a good result, too, and will happily toss the gels. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

On 1/13/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I've tried aloe, and I really don't like that, either! It's just the hassle of putting it on and removing it, and keeping it moist, and...

I ordered the Mario Badescu mist that LuvMyBoxer said she uses and likes. VERY reasonable $$$ ! I will be thrilled if I find a good result, too, and will happily toss the gels. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Sorry to butt in but... Would it be possible to put the gel in a mister and add distilled water or Aloe juice to it? Seems a shame to have to buy something else and toss the gels.
Frequent Contributor

On 1/13/2014 BellaCarro said:

Sorry to butt in but... Would it be possible to put the gel in a mister and add distilled water or Aloe juice to it? Seems a shame to have to buy something else and toss the gels.

You're not butting in!!!! You're HELPING! We're brainstorming!!! That's fantastic. I wonder if that would work? I need to go get some aloe. Or I might just try that Mario Badescu mist. Not sure yet.

Super Contributor

You know, maybe I should give that a try tonight. Heck, I could even try to emulsify the gel a bit with my stick blender. :-) (Works for coconut oil in my cream!) I'll see how it goes, and report back -- BRILLIANT, BellaCarro!

In just 3 or 4 days I can tell a difference with the NuFace! Nobody else on the planet would notice (or care) but I just walked by the mirror a bit ago and noticed I look LESS drawn. I'm really surprised!

Super Contributor

You're not butting in!!!! You're HELPING! We're brainstorming!!! That's fantastic. I wonder if that would work? I need to go get some aloe. Or I might just try that Mario Badescu mist. Not sure yet.

The MB mist looks like good stuff anyway, my only concern is that it might not be enough of a conductor. Conductive? But LuvMyBoxer is happy with it, and either way I think it'll be a good purchase.

Frequent Contributor

The MB mist looks like good stuff anyway, my only concern is that it might not be enough of a conductor. Conductive? But LuvMyBoxer is happy with it, and either way I think it'll be a good purchase.

I was worried about the mist being a good enough conductor, too. I have Suzanne Somers' facemaster, and I didn't like that serum either, so I bought one of her products to use as the conductor, and I felt it more. It just didn't work quite right.

I think I will go with the aloe. I don't mind washing and rewashing, other than the fact that it can be drying to my skin to do it twice. But anything would be better than this big ole zit I got from the NuFace gel!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}