Valued Contributor

Ladies..Attention! have you heard of this brand

Visart.....they make eye palletts that get rave reviews and they are pricey, looking for justification.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ladies..Attention! have you heard of this brand

what is Visart?  A makeup brand?  Are you referring to "eye"pallets?  I googled Visart, it came up with lighting and computer, and visual arts...so no, not familiar with Visart, never heard of it...looking forward to finding out though!

Respected Contributor

I meant are you referring to eye shadow pallets?

Frequent Contributor

Do you mean Viseart. Sold at Sephora, $45. You are right, colors are brilliantly vibrant! 

Trusted Contributor

@AKgirl2 You can either search for "Visart eyeshadow" or search for the brand on Sephora's website.

@blankette I don't recall ever hearing of the brand before. They've got some really pretty, bright colors...that I can't imagine being able to successfully apply and wear. 

Trusted Contributor

I just bought two of these eye pallets, large ones.  They are very nice eyeshadows, but way overpriced for what they are....people on youtube rave about the quality and explain that per pan the individual shadows are only about $6.

You can justify anything, and I bought them out of curiosity and because for some reason right now (getting old, and feel like playing around with makeup to improve my appearance, like others I've always been a makeup lover) I have been buying  a lot of new and more expensive items than before. 

However, believe me, if you are on a budget or really shouldn't overdo the spending on stuff like this, you do not need these shadows.  They're nice quality, but you can definitely get the same result from other products, even nice drugstore eyeshadows.

I'm hoping I'll stop buying this more expensive stuff soon.  I know I will, I'm pretty disciplined.

Respected Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

I just bought two of these eye pallets, large ones.  They are very nice eyeshadows, but way overpriced for what they are....people on youtube rave about the quality and explain that per pan the individual shadows are only about $6.

You can justify anything, and I bought them out of curiosity and because for some reason right now (getting old, and feel like playing around with makeup to improve my appearance, like others I've always been a makeup lover) I have been buying  a lot of new and more expensive items than before. 

However, believe me, if you are on a budget or really shouldn't overdo the spending on stuff like this, you do not need these shadows.  They're nice quality, but you can definitely get the same result from other products, even nice drugstore eyeshadows.

I'm hoping I'll stop buying this more expensive stuff soon.  I know I will, I'm pretty disciplined.

ITA with everything you said.  Could of written every word myself.  

I have the colorful boheme palette. It drew me in.  The colors are bright looking but they go on muted, not so bright. The colors are pretty.  I have only used this palette a couple of times so far and while the shadows are nice, not sure I was blowned away by them for the price.  However, I need to play around with them a bit more to give a better review. 

I would not pay full price again. The palettes do go on sale every now and again and you do get a lot of product.

Sephora has a lot of reviews on them.  Might want to check it out if you haven't already.  

Trusted Contributor

aprilskies, I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in this....well, I really already knew it, because most of our feelings and behaviors are pretty universal when it comes down to it.  But, it's good to hear someone say it.

I've been watching more and more of the youtube videos about makeup products and application.  I find them fascinating, in that so many women ( and really young women at that) have so, so much makeup.....rooms full of it.  It's incredible.  I always had more than my girlfriends did, growing up, and all I had was a small makeup bag or little drawer filled with it.

Different times, everyone has so much these days...we're really spoiled, I think.

Respected Contributor

I have heard of the brand, but it is much more than I am willing to pay for eyeshadow. All the Viseart palettes have shades I would not even wear. Colors are pretty to look at, but not paying that price to look at pretty colors. I like Wet n Wild and Colourpop. LOL

Honored Contributor

@one RN many shoes wrote:

Do you mean Viseart. Sold at Sephora, $45. You are right, colors are brilliantly vibrant! 

The palettes are $80 and they don't all have bright colors. 

Here are a few:

@blankette I have one of the palettes and I have to say they are not worth it. I don't find it that expensive for all the shadows you get but they just aren't amazing enough for me to get another one. They are okay but I have other shadows that I like much better and have a better color payoff. I really don't get the huge hype around these, pesonally.